Full-Time Junior Graphic Designer
Junior Graphic Designer
Furnished Quarters is a privately owned LGBTQ+ diverse, operated supplier of short-term housing with over 24 years of experience in alternative accommodations. We are one of the industry’s largest independently owned companies, offering a wide range of housing options for business and leisure travelers for stays of 30 days or more. Our exceptional assortment of inventory and best-in-class service provides an elevated home-away-from-home experience for our guests.
At Furnished Quarters, we sit at the exciting intersection of travel, hospitality, real estate, lifestyle, and Design. Our five Core Values are Challenge, Collaboration, Care, Career, and Community. We thrive on interesting challenges, celebrate collaboration, and as a certified LGBTQ+-owned business, we deeply care about people, diversity, and inclusion. We support every employee in their career growth and development and foster a community where people feel comfortable being themselves and finding fulfillment in their work. Maintaining a healthy work-life balance is not just encouraged but prescribed. Here, every person has a chance to define their own processes and work in an entrepreneurial environment where every voice is important. Work with us and find out what it means to #StayDifferent.
The Junior Graphic Designer provides creative support to the Marketing team. Duties will include but are not limited to, production of sales collateral, photo editing and treatments, website/blog updates, trade show preparation and email marketing. The Junior Graphic Designer interacts with other departments within Furnished Quarters to facilitate Marketing Department initiatives. Remote role – Hours of role: Monday-Friday 9 AM-5:30 PM EST.
- Provide creative support to Marketing team.
- Collaborate with Creative Lead on brand development and visual presentations
- Design flyers, brochures, landing pages, emails and sales kits based on templates provided by Creative Lead
- Coordinate print and production needs with other departments.
- Convert existing pages/images/spreads for corporate presentations, emails, ads, etc.
- Assists with content updates for blogs, websites, emails or social posts
- Assists with trade show preparations
- Manage apartment photoshoots and edit images via color-correcting, removing blemishes, and cropping and maintain our online catalogue via Cloudinary
- Keep art files organized and up to date information in Furnished Quarters’ systems.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal teams and external vendors
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized, with the ability to multi-task in the operating of multiple computer programs at a given time.
- Assist with various administrative duties. Personable and professional phone and email communication as may engage with partners and other team member
- Maintains a professional appearance and cordial attitude to vendors and colleagues at all times
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Degree or training certification in Graphic Design, Marketing, Advertising or Communications.
- Minimum of 3 years graphic design experience.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language fluently to communicate with management, clientele, and co-workers.
- Possesses proficiency in Adobe Creative software including XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Possesses proficiency in all Microsoft applications including Excel/Word/MS Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Knowledgeable in Asana or another similar project management software.
- Working knowledge of WordPress or other CMS is preferred.
- Knowledge of html and css, a huge plus.
- Knowledge of video editing software, a huge plus.
Portfolio and Resume required for consideration.
An employee must meet the physical demands described here, with or without accommodation, to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak with customers. The employee must frequently sit, stand, and walk.
The employee must review text approximately 20 inches or less (i.e., working with small objects or reading small print), including using computers.
The employee must frequently enter text or data into a computer or machine.
Benefits and Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term & Short Term Disability, Medical FSA, Commuter Benefits, 401k with Company Matching.