Junior Graphic Designer
Junior Graphic Designer
Location: US National
What We Do
Outlier (from the co-founder of MasterClass) is reimagining higher education as a resource that is accessible, equitable, and affordable for everyone. We have developed the world’s best online, for-credit university-level courses, taught by some of the most celebrated educators in the world. Our courses employ cinematic content powered by cutting-edge cognitive science to create an immersive, student-friendly learning experience that delivers game-changing student success levels. We are a quickly-growing team working on a dual mission: Increase access to quality college education and dramatically reduce student debt.
Who We Are
Outliers are kind, curious, competent, creative, and resourceful. We are a passionate multidisciplinary team working to increase access to quality education for everyone. We believe in using the scientific method and evidence-based conclusions. We respect intuition and art. We give credit where credit is due. We hold one another to high standards. We value constructive feedback. We love to try new things. We take our work seriously, not ourselves. We work hard and go above-and-beyond to ensure great student outcomes and we strongly believe in taking care of ourselves and making sure we stay healthy to continue to pursue our mission as best we can.
Are you an Outlier?
Contract Junior Graphic Designer
The Junior Graphic Designer serves as a support role to the Marketing Team (specifically the Marketing Creative Team), as well as the larger organization.
This is a remote contract role (up to 10hrs a week; typically 1-5hrs/week). The assignment is expected to last approximately six months (with the possibility of extension).
What You’ll Do
- Produce brand-appropriate graphics for social media, lifecycle marketing (email), and general marketing materials/assets (digital, print, and video) under the direction of Graphic Designer and/or Creative Director
- Assist Graphic Designer by executing concepts, edits, iterations, and versions of various creative projects
- Use critical thinking to identify and execute design solutions
- Curate and edit brand-appropriate stock imagery for article and marketing materials
- Create and Maintain internal design asset/project library (Google Drive)
- Produce brand-appropriate presentations and communication materials for partnership and business development initiatives
- Collaborate with Marketing/Creative Teams to develop creative concepts and solutions
Who You Are
- 1+ years of experience in a visual design role
- Expertly skilled with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, and Google Slides/Google Drive
- Skilled with photo editing and photo manipulation
- Experienced with designing and operating within an established brand standard system
- Adept at taking creative direction, problem-solving, active listening, design production, follow through and final production
- Able to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment through strong organization, time management, and prioritization skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and flexible to change
- Has exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals
- Access to stable, fast internet connection and a quiet place to work
- Portfolio of at least 10 projects showcasing both digital and print design capabilities
- Adobe subscription
- Personal computer
- Experience with higher education, startups, and remote work is a plus
- Simple motion graphics/animation experience also a plus