Junior Graphic Designer
Junior Graphic Designer (Remote)
Madison, WI, USA
We believe in the power and joy of learning
At Cengage Group, our employees have a direct impact in helping students around the world discover the power and joy of learning. We are bonded by our shared purpose driving innovation that helps millions of learners improve their lives and achieve their dreams through education.
Our culture values diversity, engagement, and discovery
Our business is driven by our strong culture, and we know that creating an inclusive and diverse workplace is absolutely essential to the success of our company and our learners, as well as our individual well-being. We recognize the value of diverse perspectives in everything we do, and strive to ensure employees of all levels and backgrounds feel empowered to voice their ideas and bring their authentic selves to work. We achieve these priorities through inclusive programs, benefits, and initiatives that are integrated into the fabric of how we work every day. To learn more, please see https://www.cengagegroup.com/about/inclusion-and-diversity/.
The Junior Graphic Designer will wear many hats, working with Marketing and other internal departments to turn creative briefs into appealing and engaging assets. They are comfortable creating and delivering assets for web and print. They have knowledge of current and emerging design trends and the ability to create designs in a variety of moods and styles.
What you’ll do here:
- Produce numerous digital and print design assets under the guidance of the Senior Graphic Designer
- Format courseware presentations, study guides, and other resources for Infosec product users
- Prepare product marketing collateral for trade show exhibits and booths
- Work closely with the marketing team to build web ads, social media posts, product collateral
- Work with the product team to craft in-app icons and design elements
- Work with executive teams to design and construct pitch decks and company documentation
- Work with web team to ensure all assets align with technical requirements
- Follow established brand standards
- Create mood boards
- Source and edit stock photography
- Stay on top of current design trends
- Abide by our core values of being candid, embracing the unknown, putting learning first, setting the bar higher, and doing more together
- Behave in an ethical manner and treat others with respect and dignity at all times
- All other duties as assigned
Skills you will need here:
- 1-3 years professional design experience (SaaS experience preferred)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Experience working on a range of digital projects including web pages, paid media
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Proven understanding of typography, layout, and color schemes
- Experience in creating slide presentations
- Ability to design in varying moods and styles
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience collaborating on large projects with multiple collaborators
Infosec, a Cengage Group company, believes knowledge is power when fighting cybercrime. We help IT and security professionals advance their careers with skills development and certifications while empowering all employees with security awareness and privacy training to stay cyber safe at work and home. It’s our mission to equip all organizations and individuals with the know-how and confidence to outsmart cybercrime. We’ve been named to Madison’s Top Workplaces and Chicago’s Best Places to Work, and pride ourselves on our employee culture.
Cengage Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason. You may view Cengage’s EEO/Affirmative Action Policy signed by CEO Michael Hansen and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice by visiting their corresponding links.
Cengage Group is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1 (617) 289-7917.
If you are a Colorado state or New York City resident, please email email@example.com to receive compensation information for this role. Please be sure to include this posting’s job ID in the subject line of the email to help ensure a timely response.
About Cengage Group
Cengage Group, a global education technology company serving millions of learners, provides affordable, quality digital products and services that equip students with the skills and competencies needed to be job ready. For more than 100 years, we have enabled the power and joy of learning with trusted, engaging content, and now, integrated digital platforms. We serve the higher education, workforce skills, secondary education, English language teaching and research markets worldwide. Through our scalable technology, including MindTap and Cengage Unlimited, we support all learners who seek to improve their lives and achieve their dreams through education.