Remote – US*
Houzz is the world’s leading platform for home remodeling and design, helping more than 65 million homeowners and 2.7 million home professionals grow and manage their business. Through Houzz home design enthusiasts find ideas, hire professionals, source products and access tools to update their homes from start to finish. Houzz is available in every country around the world with localized platforms in more than 10 countries across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
About the Role
Houzz is looking for a seasoned mid-level copywriter to join our innovation-forward, in-house creative team to help further develop our brand voice. You will join a team of experienced copywriters, designers, video producers, and product marketers that are passionate about creating a strong brand identity. The ideal candidate is equal parts strategic and creative, fluent in establishing a brand voice and language and experienced in communicating campaigns across consumer touchpoints.
What You’ll Champion:
- Work closely with our Senior Copy Manager and VP of Industry Marketing to help elevate the brand voice for Houzz and Houzz Pro.
- Concept, experiment, and iterate on a wide range of copy to help push brand voice across multiple marketing channels for Houzz & Houzz Pro.
- Join forces with the design and video teams to deliver copy for various marketing collateral including campaigns, videos, landing pages, paid ads, emails, print pieces and more.
- Guide the narrative in user-facing channels to help hone in brand voice.
- Gain a deep understanding of our customers through immersive consumer research and user testing.
- 5+ years of experience writing high-performing marketing copy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing, English, or related field.
- Creative writing skills with a passion for unique ad copy and ad creative.
- Experience creating compelling messages for areas within the home space.
- E-commerce experience.
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on our community of more than 65 million homeowners and home design enthusiasts who use our platform and the 2.5 million-plus home professionals around the world who grow and manage their business with Houzz Pro. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth over $1 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Commuter benefits
- Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
- Maternity/paternity leave program
- Employee assistance program
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Healthy at Houzz program
Houzz is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. When applying for a role at Houzz, we guarantee your application will be considered regardless of your sex, race, religion, color, gender, national origin, height or weight, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We embrace and celebrate the value that diversity brings to an organization and understand that diverse backgrounds and different points of view are essential components of helping Houzz in our mission to provide the best experience for home renovation and design. Houzz is committed to fostering an inclusive environment through projects and initiatives such as employee resource groups and diversity workshops.
Houzz celebrates differences and strives to create a comfortable and authentic climate for Houzzers to feel supported, where they are welcomed to think creatively and contribute to innovative ideas, while having the freedom to be themselves and share their lives at work.
If you are a California resident applying for a job, you consent to our California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
*Roles listing ‘Remote – US’ as a location are not currently available in the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Louisiana, and Montana