US – Remote
Position at SoFi
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The Creative Studio at SoFi is looking for a talented digital copywriter to join our best-in-class in-house agency and deliver exceptional digital experiences for our rapidly growing brand.
You’ll partner with product marketers, project managers, and other cross-functional partners to create digital assets for several key products including SoFi Protect, SoFi at Work, and Lantern by SoFi (PAL). Experience with financial, insurance, and B2B/B2B2C is preferred for this role.
We’re looking for someone who is a self-starter, team player, and able to quickly adopt our brand tone and style across all of our communications. Your primary role will be to write branded communications across web, digital, social, blog, and print.
You’ll be joining a supportive, fun team culture of creative people excited to come to work every day in order to help people get their money right.
What you’ll do:
- Own end-to-end concepting and copywriting for marketing projects across a variety of digital mediums for the PAL team, including but not limited to:
- Email Design
- In app messages
- Social media posts
- Branding campaign and assets
- Lead gen campaigns and assets
- Templates for go-to-market materials including one-pagers, the sales deck, and customer success documents
- Digital Videos
- Webpages (our site, lead gen pages, partner pages) and other interactive assets
- Assets to help employers market SoFi to their employees
- Write clear, concise, and conversational copy appropriate for HR professionals and a broader Enterprise audience.
- Find new ways to tell our brand storygenerating ideas for how branded content can come to life across multiple channels.
- Lead the charge on creating new forms of content to support the blog, resource center, and websitequizzes, guides, infographics, animations, video, and more.
- Edit and proofread all content supplied by partners and guest contributors for voice and tone.
- Work with stakeholders and reviewers to keep the brand voice consistent.
- Create marketing materials for engaging, fast growing products
- In addition to designing marketing materials, you’re also comfortable collaborating with your team designers on messaging.
- Create consumer- and enterprise-facing work that is visually exciting, forward-thinking, and emotionally engaging.
- Help us test, iterate, and optimize designs to consistently deliver and improve business results.
- Work collaboratively with fellow members of the creative, web, and development teams as well as cross-functional stakeholders, like product marketing, lifecycle marketing, and strategy
- Champion the SoFi brand and user experience, and help shape SoFi’s brand narrative.
- Be a part of our close knit in-house Creative Studio, producing award winning, first-in-class advertising and marketing materials.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in an advertising or in-house creative agency, with strong skills in digital copywriting
- Your writing is witty, punchy, and not afraid to push industry boundaries.
- You can adjust SoFi’s brand voice and tone based on medium and audience.
- Experience ideating for integrated campaigns and new product launches.
- You’re collaborative. You have experience (and love) partnering with a designer or art director.
- You’re a fast learner and can hit the ground quickly.
- You’re interested in the actual business. You work to understand the strategies and goals of the Product Marketing Manager and collaborate to achieve them through smart communications.
- You’re all about the data. You love testing copy and iterating based on results.
- You take initiative, keep organized, and can handle multiple projects at once.
- You’re strategically minded, with strong problem-solving skills and close attention to detail.
- You’re enthusiastic about your work and about joining a close-knit team.
- You have excellent writing and editing skills. (Obviously.)
- Knowledge of financial services, insurance, or personal finance
- Bachelor’s degree with English/Advertising/Journalism focus
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
Compensation and Benefits
The base pay range for this role is listed below. Final base pay offer will be determined based on individual factors such as the candidate’s experience, skills, and location.
To view all of our comprehensive and competitive benefits, visit our Benefits at SoFi page!
Pay range: $64,000.00 – $120,000.00
Payment frequency: Annual
This role is also eligible for a bonus and competitive benefits. More information about our employee benefits can be found in the link above.
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights. PDF File
SoFi is committed to embracing diversity. As part of this commitment, SoFi offers reasonable accommodations to candidates with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email email@example.com.
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.