Stand Up America is a progressive, digital-first advocacy organization with two million grassroots members who are working to stand up to corruption and build a more representative democracy.
We’re fighting for democracy reforms at the local, state, and federal level that would expand voting rights, reduce the impact of big money in our politics, and end structural barriers that conservatives have built to impede progressive change. Our members have driven more than 1.5 million constituent calls to their representatives, mobilized tens of thousands of protestors, contacted tens of millions of voters, and helped pass bold democracy reforms at the state and federal levels.
We Envision a Democracy Where
- Every American has representation, regardless of where they live, what they look like, or how they identify.
- Racist barriers to the ballot are torn down and voting rights are expanded to ensure that voting is accessible, secure, and treated as the sacred right that it is.
- Americans from all walks of life can run for office and win based on the power of their ideas, voice, and experience—not on how much money they can raise from themselves or wealthy donors.
- Our government is responsive to the will of the American people—and will finally take bold action on the pressing issues facing our nation, from gun violence and climate change to immigration reform and racial & economic justice.
Our social media team reaches millions of Americans every week. In 2020, our social posts had over 300 million organic views and 40 million engagements. Our Facebook & Instagram pages have some of the highest reach and engagement rates of any progressive organization.
We’re looking for a social media writer to craft content for a network of high-profile influencers and celebrities ahead of the midterm elections..
- Draft social content in the voice and style of high profile influencers
- Collaborate with our Creative Director to draft copy for and produce impactful social graphics and video content,
- Contribute to the social media content calendar and partnerships to help achieve our advocacy and communications objectives,
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Experience working in a fast-paced advocacy or electoral environment
- An understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & TikTok
- Passion for voting rights, reducing the influence of big money in our elections, and democracy reform
Nice To Haves
- Experience deploying timely content during rapid response scenarios within a few hours of notice
- Experience drafting and deploying content for influencers, thought leaders, or high-profile personalities
- Experience using social media to drive meaningful actions
Stand Up America celebrates diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, class, ability, life experiences, and background. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer—women, Black, Indigenous, and people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Stand Up America’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is key to our mission of building a more representative democracy and reforming a political system that has given white, wealthy Americans a louder voice and more power than Black, Indigenous, and people of color for far too long.
Salary & Benefits
This is a contractor role through November 11th, 2022. Estimated hours between 20 and 30 hours per week. The rate is $50 per hour.