Part-Time In-house Editor
Major Activities and Responsibilities (Job role primarily includes, but is not limited to):
- To proofread and amend screen based text.
- To produce transcripts following the guidelines of the Style Manual for all our contracts.
- To do word for word checks and scan for caret marks.
- To carry out a full word for word QC of transcripts as part of the QC process.
- To quality control transcripts for both style and content errors, following the guidelines of the Style Manual undertaking corrections to formatting and content, providing feedback and answering queries as required.
- To coordinate transcript production such as printing and binding as required
- To carry out transcription when required; producing transcripts from audio
- To carry out Admin duties as required
A carefully proofread and fully edited transcript
Background & Profile
- Good general knowledge.
- Excellent English skills.
- Work accurately under pressure. Ability to type (minimum 50wpm).
- Thoroughly understand the industry relevant computer hardware/software.
- Understand a complicated argument and report it clearly and grammatically.
- Be acquainted with the recording systems used in court.
- Be acquainted with audio conversion software/equipment.
- Be aware of the relevant legal reference tools available.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
It is Epiq’s policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individual’s race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law.
Epiq’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.