Human Resources Partner
Title: Human Resources Business Partner (Talent Generalist), LATAM
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil or Mexico City, Mexico
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb’s various functions embody the company’s innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
We’re the Airbnb Talent team! Playful, fun, helpful, and very serious when we have to be. We’re tasked with one of the company’s most important goals: preserving and driving Airbnb’s amazing culture. We do this by making sure we work with brilliant, inspiring individuals and teams. It’s our job to make sure we raise the bar with every hire. We work hard but every day, we are rewarded by the amazing, joyful people around us. We’re creating the best team in the world!
We are looking for a dynamic, highly organized, self-starter Talent Generalist (HR Manager) to support our teams across our LatAm region, specifically Argentina, Brazil and Mexico. A successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing and challenging environment, has a passion for creating meaningful experiences and building strong relationships with leaders and employees. We need an HR professional that has significant experience in LatAm while having a hands on attitude and providing great internal customer support to drive HR functional excellence and process improvement to continually align with our mission and goals.
As a Regional Talent Generalist, you are entrusted with being the first line of contact for all of our AirFamily in the region regarding all things related to their employment. Equally important is the greater enrichment of our AirFam through career development and personal well-being. You are also the trusted point of contact of line managers and will support them daily.
Our talent approach is to utilize technology, develop strong managers and focus on creating a transparent talent framework that allows our teams to thrive and succeed. We operate as a lean talent team, meaning you will wear multiple hats in your role.
Lead towards excellence:
- Implement talent priorities to align to business strategy and changing needs for Argentina, Brazil and Mexico specifically.
- Help promote a culture of feedback and open communication in LatAm.
- Update team and leaders on company wide programs including but not limited, performance reviews, recruitment strategies, belonging and engagement surveys, management programs, and guide adherence to local labor laws and requirements as needed.
- Diagnose and define programs and support needed to optimize business performance.
- Strong advocate for the LatAm team to share best practices and common cultural differences to all employees to promote inclusivity and diversity
- Work with managers and advise on performance and behavioral issues. When appropriate, escalate to broader talent and legal team.
- Advocate for your teams and region by representing their needs to the global Talent team and senior leadership.
- Understand local needs and make recommendations regarding recognition and rewards programs. Specific attention to fast moving job markets in the region is needed.
- Respond to employee questions in a timely manner and provide advice when warranted.
- Mediate between team members when appropriate and escalate to senior leadership and broader Talent team if necessary.
- Manage all HR administration for the region including statutory filings as required in each country you support.
- Partner with Finance and Total Rewards teams on payroll, social insurance provision and retirement plans. You will also liaise with external service partners on all required documentation and act as point of contact for queries from our LatAm Airfam.
- Benefits Administration: Liaising and maintaining relationships with benefit providers in each country.
- Manage logistics of all employee onboarding and exits.
- Maintenance of all HR data accurately within Workday.
- Processing employee documentation including drafting, ratification, storage, uploading, etc.
- Benefits Administration – Work closely with the benefits team for enrollments, registration/updates of benefits enrollment and data reporting as required.
- Updating employee leave trackers / plans and generating reports accordingly. Strong knowledge on government processes and working closely with Payroll.
- Ensure and educate all employees on how to appropriately use Workday to record time off as per country guidelines.
- End to end support for new hires including: contract review and processing, travel arrangements and scheduling.
- Onboarding programme coordination, scheduling and hosting.
- HR Files: Manage hard filing and e-filing folders
Developing strong partnership is an essential success factor:
- Actively partner with, coach and develop managers and individuals.
- Partner with COEs within the Talent team to roll out annual HR programs (e.g. Performance Reviews, Employee Surveys, Merit Recognition).
- Partner with our recruiting team to ensure a positive and seamless candidate experience.
- Partner with the Legal team to be compliant with employment regulations.
- Work with payroll and benefits providers to educate new and transferring employees about contract terms, benefits, and payroll.
- Support our Total Rewards team with annual compensation planning, local rollout of global programmes and HRIS updates
- Partner with Ground Control (employee experience/office culture) on onboarding and off-boarding processes as well as other initiatives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, Portuguese and/or Spanish.
- Experience working for a fast paced, rapidly growing company.
- Experience using Workday as an HRIS preferred
- 10 + years of relevant HR/Talent experience in an international, fast paced environment.
- Experience managing HR related projects in multiple LatAm countries, particularly in Argentina, Brazil and Mexico.
- HR or Business university degree preferred.
- Strong stakeholder management and cross-functional skills are a necessity; experience partnering closely with other teams like HR, Recruiting. Payroll, COE etc.
- A strong solutions mindset being comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
- Hands on individual interested in learning and getting involved in all aspects of the Employee Experience processes as required
- Ability to manage competing demands while being extremely adaptable. We move fast and directions may change, but we work through it AND we think that makes the job fun. You should too!
- Proficiency in Google products is preferred
- Some international travel required
*** In order to review you application in a timely manner, Please apply with your CV in English