Full-Time Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Generalist
Location: United States
- Remote, United States
Today, SCA Health has grown to 11,000 teammates who care for 1 million patients each year and support physician specialists holistically in many aspects of patient care. Together, our teammates create value in specialty care by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering on the quadruple aim of high-quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care.
As part of Optum, we participate in an integrated care delivery system that enables us to support our partners as they navigate a complex healthcare environment, Only SCA Health has a dynamic group of physician-driven, specialty care businesses that allows us to customize solutions, no matter the need or challenge:
- We connect patients to physicians in new and differentiated ways as part of Optum and with our new Specialty Management Solutions business.
- We have pioneered a physician-led, multi-site model of practice solutions that restores physician agency by aligning incentives to support growth and transition to value-based care.
- We lead the industry in value-based payment solutions through our Global 1 bundled payment convener, that provides easy predictable billing to patients.
- We help physicians address everything beyond surgical procedures, including anesthesia and ancillary service lines.
The new SCA Health represents who we are today and where we are going—and the growing career opportunities for YOU.
The HR Generalist serves as the administrator of all human resources inquiries across the organization. The role supports all Human Resources Centers of Excellence (HRCOE) to some extent and has select HRCOEs where they have more focused work. The HR Generalist is responsible for managing the daily support of the HR Service Delivery platform through autonomous assessment of all incoming questions and concerns across the organization. This individual will qualify inquiries and resolve them, escalating to other specialists when necessary.
The HR Generalist demonstrates in all they do SCA’s mission, values and execution model. They complete special projects as assigned, implement enterprise initiatives and provide administrative support to the human resource function as needed. These responsibilities include documentation, file maintenance and HRIS entry, compliance with all internal and SOX controls and acting in all responsibilities as a good steward of the company’s assets.
The HR Generalist will focus additional efforts on specific HRCOEs listed below. These will rotate over time and specific duties will adjust with the business need.
- Provides first line employee relations support to teammate population by responding to incoming questions and concerns via multiple points of contact. This will be accomplished through:
- Provision and guidance through consultative support to teammates and leaders regarding Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Accurate escalation of employee relations concerns to Human Resources Specialists as needed.
- Support for investigations, disciplinary actions processes, and terminations as needed.
- Serve as gate keeper to the workflow for HR technology resources as applicable (e.g., ICIMS, ServiceNow, HRIS System).
- Maintain and update content in HR technology resources including recommendations for knowledge article clarifications and or development of new knowledge articles to ensure accuracy of content.
- Answer general Payroll questions.
- Serve as an approver of teammate changes checking for accuracy.
- Support password reset requests.
- Creates and Maintains Teammate Information Systems and files in ContractLogix.
Talent Acquisition and Onboarding (TA&O)
- Answer generally TA&O questions from teammates and vendors.
- Maintain license access to our applicant tracking tool.
- Manage the Support Services Personnel Action Form (PAF) process.
- Ensure PAF application is up to date with new job codes, departments, supervisors and submit PAFs for all employment changes within Support Services.
HR Diligence and Integrations
- Support the administration of all newly acquired business entities to ensure smooth integration of teammates and HR related processes.
- Serves as a liaison for perspective teammates and provides answers to their HR related questions during the diligence and integration phase.
- Answer general Compensation questions.
- Provide support of the Compensation function as needed.
Benefits and Leave Administration
- Answer general benefit and leave related questions.
- Investigate benefit and leave concerns as needed.
- Manage Invoices support for HR department.
- Support HR Leadership as needed.
- Executes & Follows Through – Accomplishes completion of work tasks at a rapid pace, organizing self to deliver results in a large-scale organization, working with a broad range of people. Is recognized by peers and team as setting strong example of execution within SCA.
- Is Self-Aware and Accepts Feedback – Emotionally mature and personally secure. Self-aware and accepts constructive feedback; does not let ego impede collaboration, teamwork and candid accountability.
- Organizing and Planning – Keen organizational and planning skills. Personally possesses strong planning and execution skills.
- Trustworthy & Accountable – Follows through on commitments. Quickly gains trust of teammates and customers; attitude of ownership and stewardship; personal alignment with corporate vision and business objectives. Fully and selflessly serves as partner to their customers and peers on the HR team.
- Collaborative and Fosters Teamwork – Reaches out to peers, escalates work and inquiries appropriately, cooperates with supervisor, establishes overall collaborative relationships.
- Communication Skills –Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal relationship skills. Ability to maintain working relationships with all levels of teammates. Capable of preventing and resolving interpersonal conflicts.
The HR Generalist may be called upon to support Facility Integration and other HR activities in talent acquisition and teammate training away from the primary work location. In addition, there is an expectation of attendance at HR and Payroll all meetings up to two times per year. While it is anticipated that such travel will be less than 15% of all workdays, there may be periods of time when more travel is required in order to meet teammate and business needs. During the times of COVID-19, nearly 100% of our travel is stopped and meetings are held virtually.
- BA/BS Preferred
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years of Human Resources or a related teammate support field experience is required.
- Ability to set priorities. Ability to provide direction to others that is clear concise and promotes efficiency.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to train individuals regarding new processes and procedures.
- Strong organization skills, detail oriented, and ability to multitask in a challenging environment.
- Ability to manage other duties as assigned.
- Experience with any or all the following platforms preferred: Microsoft Teams, Zoom, ServiceNow, iCIMS and UltiPro
296 total views, 1 today