Freelance Human Resources Coordinator
Human Resources Coordinator
- Human Resources
- Mid Level
Who We Are
We are an Experience design and trusted creative technology partner to some of the world’s most ambitious brands such as Google, Amazon, Meta and Uber. We believe in the power of storytelling, human-centric design, and the intersection of creativity with code to further humanity’s relationship with technology. We operate fully remote, and our team members enjoy the flexibility of working from anywhere within the U.S. and Canada time zones while keeping a balanced relationship with their personal life.
At Left Field Labs, our curiosity drives us to seek out uncommon solutions to our shared challenges. Our purpose is to positively impact the human experience with everything we invent. We’re looking for those who can craft unique solutions through empathy.
Interested in joining a culture that celebrates diversity, encourages curiosity, and creates with purpose? Are you the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges? Confident that you’re at the top of your game and ready to invent with others who are at the top of theirs? Check out our open position and let’s talk.
Who We Are Seeking
The Human Resources Coordinator plays a critical role in day-to-day operations at Left Field Labs to help ensure an engaging and rewarding team member experience. As such, this role encompasses a wide range of activities with a specific emphasis on the on-boarding and off-boarding process, payroll support, serving as a point of contact for HR policy questions and executing on all tasks related to HR compliance. Strong in communication, personability, and agility is balanced with maintaining compliance, effectiveness, and confidentiality while supporting different groups, departments, and team members.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a point of contact to team members to answer questions and help navigate all aspects of HR
- Serve as the liaison between our PEO partner and LFL on payroll, compliance, and other administrative HR requirements
- Lead payroll administration process, track time off, conduct sick leave and other HR related audits and reporting.
- Tracking and reporting of various HR administrative tasks: payroll adjustments, temporary employee assignments, required training
- Assist with day-to-day onboarding and offboarding activities, including pre-hire employee communication, systems administration, orientation, and documentation
- Remain up to date on local employment legislation and compliance
- Model and reinforce LFL’s cultural values
- Maintain records according to federal and state requirements
- Assist with Company events and other communication materials as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- 1-2 years of Human Resources experience, ideally in a fast-paced, creative, technology, or start-up environment that operates fully-remote.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, or HR Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of current employment law and compliance requirements; multi-state experience preferred, but not required
- Experience administering benefits and leaves of absence
- Ability to develop and manage processes and utilize analytical thinking skills to solve problems
- Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality with discretion
- Exceptionally well-organized, detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize work to ensure timely, effective, and efficient delivery of services or projects
- Self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact proactively with employees and leadership at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Interest in supporting DEI efforts and commitment to being an ally for women, veterans, LGBTQ+, the BIPOC community, etc.
How to Apply
The salary range for this role is $35,000-$90,000. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Culver City, California. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
Left Field Labs is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Please click on the following links for more information: E-Verify Participation Poster. For more information visit the USCIS’ website: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
Left Field Labs is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant’s criminal history (LAMC 189.00). Left Field Labs makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled team members.