Human Resources Associate
Location: Any City in US, TX, US, 00000
Job Requisition ID: 17834
Additional Locations: Remote – work may be performed from any State in the US
HR Associates will be responsible for handling recurring transactions in the areas of workers compensation claims, employee reasonable accommodation requests involving equipment, supporting compliance initiatives such as State-mandated postings and notices, governmental reporting (e.g., OSHA, EEO-1), handling basic employee relations (ER) matters and supporting others in more complex ER matters, and answering employees’ questions about policies and processes or directing questions to COEs as needed. Other duties may include administration of programs such as I-9 compliance, employee file creation/management, exit surveys, and helping with special projects that may include data research. This is an entry-level role reporting the the VP of HR Operations.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Review and respond to employee questions sent to general HR mailbox regarding a wide variety of policy and process questions using knowledge and judgement to determine which policies may apply and to interpret policies in unique situations. Using judgement, escalate questions as needed for Tier 2 support
- Process workers’ compensation claims in accordance with policy and applicable regulations. Liaise with Benefits, Risk Management, and/or managers as needed
- Receive, review and address employee requests for reasonable accommodations. Primary focus will be on simple RA requests (e.g., for equipment, schedule changes, etc.) with support provided to HR Compliance Mgr on more complex requests.
- Meet with employees and managers to understand concerns and needs. Provide information about available tools to support their needs. Provide direction based on HMH Policy and applicable laws and regulations.
- Review written documentation such as letters of warning and Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs).
- Work with HR Compliance Mgr on more complex ER cases and support investigations as a notetaker and research data as needed.
- Keep accurate records of all cases.
- Keep employee records in personnel files in accurate fashion
- Participate in I-9 compliance activities for US employees
- Pull employee records as needed for Legal, investigations or to fulfill State-mandated employee requests
- Support HR Compliance Mgr in areas such as State-mandated postings and notices to employees, government reporting (e.g., OSHA and EEO-1 reports), data analysis and scrubbing for presentation to leaders, Affirmative Action Plans, etc.
- Provide back up as needed to process Unemployment Claims using knowledge and judgement of appropriate information and materials to provide in cases where contesting a claim is warranted.
- Support data management for employee and position data in Employee Central (HRIS) through data entry.
- Make recommendations regarding process and communication enhancements needed to better serve HMH employees
- Make recommendations for HR Operations pages on HMH Today to improve employee self-service; Aid in keeping HR information updated on HMH Today working in collaboration with SMEs within HR
- Aid in the assessment of processes to make improvements as needed to streamline and improve workflows
- Provide support to other HR teams on special projects as needed such as Open Enrollment, Wellness Initiatives, Payroll activities, technology implementations, acquisitions and Reductions in Force
- High School diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of two years of recent full-time HR experience and/or a combination of HR experience and applicable HR education including employee data management in HRIS.
Skills/Competencies: Excellent written and verbal communication skills; diplomacy, ability to effectively handle conflict, accuracy/attention to detail; Basic MS Word and Excel skills; exceptional customer focus; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment; strong follow-through; ability to meet deadlines; ability to work without close supervision following established policies, procedures and general direction; excellent collaboration and teamwork skills. Ability to conduct research, synthesize data and make recommendations based on analyses.
Preferred qualifications: Experience supporting managers and employees in Employee Relations issues, handling workers compensation and reasonable accommodation requests in accordance with the ADA, and ensuring compliance with State and Federal employment laws, in a multi-national corporation. College Degree in HR or Business is highly desired.
Benefits and Salary Range
Salary Range – $47,500 to $50,000