Full-Time HR Generalist
HR Generalist required At Classkick, the human resources (HR) team is focused on what people need and how to provide it. For a people person who wants to begin a career in the exciting world of HR, this is the best place to dive in. We’re searching for a qualified and resourceful human resources generalist to support our team and ensuring smooth and efficient business operations. The human resources generalist will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities, and will help with important functions such as staffing, training and development, and compensation and benefits.
Objectives of this role
- Assist in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, and provide guidance and interpretation for business operations
- Participate in development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and ongoing reports for company requirements
- Assist in administering benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs
- Suggest new procedures and policies for improving employee experience as well as the efficiency of HR department and company
- Ensure compliance with local and national regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and procedures when necessary
- Lead DEIB initiatives and employee engagement activities such as onsite visits and team-wide retreats
- Prepare paperwork and schedules for smooth new-hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience
- Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding, new-hire orientations, and exit interviews, including data entry in human resources information systems (HRIS) and audits for accuracy and compliance
- Provide a dedicated and effective HR advisory service to employees that covers absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievances, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters
- Be the primary backup for payroll processing, including biweekly and semimonthly updates to employee files, bonus/incentive pay, vacation/sick pay, expense reimbursements, hourly-employee validations, and benefits changes
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart, and contribute to policy development
Required skills and qualifications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Aptitude for problem-solving and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Advanced knowledge of HRIS and ability to learn new technical systems, when necessary
About Our Team
Classkick is a tech startup that loves helping teachers and students. We love it so much that every month, our team in-person or virtually joins classrooms to see how teachers and students use Classkick in real life. We enjoy hearing feedback and gaining more insight into how our product is valued in classrooms around the world.
Ed-tech is still young. We believe that by building a great product with a great business model, we will create a lasting impact on student learning, teacher effectiveness, and the industry at large. Our customer-centric culture helped us make the #1 learning activities platform in K-12 (measured by mean session time and/or NPS), with organic growth in 170+ countries.
Our team has described our culture as values-driven, collaborative, transparent, and empowering. We are lucky to serve students all over the world, and we don’t take that responsibility lightly. We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment. Our products will only benefit all students if built by people with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, and opportunities. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply for open roles, including women, historically excluded people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
And, while this is a startup and everyone works very hard, we believe in a work-life balance. More at classkick.com, instagram.com/classkick or twitter.com/classkick.
Classkick’s Core Values
- Advocate for Learners
- Focus on People
- Work Towards Justice
- Stay Curious
Why this opportunity matters
Every day, kids come to class feeling engaged, supported and excited to learn because of Classkick. Our goal is that every student in the world is happy and successful in their education.
To achieve this, we connect students and their school work to all the advocates in their learning: classmates, teachers, parents, anyone invested in them. When the right person is there at the right time – whether with a high five, or some help when stuck – that’s when you get more Ah ha! and OH I got it! moments. Learning transforms from a chore into a fun and intrinsic experience.
After the pandemic, we suddenly expanded from being a major tool in the classroom, to becoming the classroom itself, for both in-person and hybrid learning. Joining at this stage is pivotal and will have high impact on the future direction of the company.