HR Executive Assistant
HR Executive Assistant
- Remote – United States
- Full time
This position is remote – it does not require the employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
This executive administrative assistant provides administrative support to the Global HR Organization. Work includes various tasks such as presentation creation, travel arrangements, calendaring, and scheduling. Position requires a high degree of discretion, accuracy and coordination.
- Assignments are broad, complex and varied in nature
- May include responsibilities that extend to external customers – degree of internal vs external impact
- Provide solutions to non-routine problems of a more moderate scope and complexity
- Conserve manager’s time by assuming administrative details
- Coordinate a system for managing office routine
- Expedite handling of correspondence, global mail requests and phone calls
- Prepare written reports, correspondence etc.
- Gather and analyze routine data
- Maintain regular contact with others outside the work group
- Complete various assignments as requested with minimal supervision
- Maintain records, confidential files and GM specific reports
- Schedule complex meetings and maintain multiple calendars
- Continuously look for ways to improve efficiencies of day-to-day tasks
- Support travel arrangements, Visa, Passport and associated expenses
- Invoicing for department related purchases
- Knowledge of and ability to assist with IT / Cell phone / Phone / MML / Webex / Microsoft Teams and other Telepresence systems
- Manage all aspects of office administration using independent thinking and judgment with sole discretion for office procedures
- Make discriminating decisions regarding the distribution/flow of information and work
- Manage office using common systems and advanced technology when appropriate (e.g. electronic mail, internet, ergonomically designed tools, software packages, paperless systems)
- Provide floor coordination support as needed
- Various project work
Additional Job Description
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 3 – 5 years executive administration experience
- Independent thinking, adaptability, judgment and problem solving
- Experience dealing with Senior Management or Executives in an administrative capacity
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving ability including independent judgment and decision-making skills
- Meeting set up and facilitation
- Advanced level of proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, scheduling, internet, Outlook, and knowledge of Sharepoint
- Appropriate use of grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Highly proficient oral and written communication skills
- Confidence to take initiative and work independently
- The expected base compensation for this role is $65,646 – $100,546. Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on the factors relevant to the position.
- Bonus potential: an incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level and individual performance.
- GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.