HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner
PEOPLE EXPERIENCE AND RECRUITING
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
Our People team is called the Krakenite Experience (KX) team, and we aim to become a world leader in People Experience. Working with the world’s top talent, our diverse and forwardthinking team is spread across 60+ countries.
In this role you will support our global People Operations team by being the Human Resources partner to various business units. We are in the early stages of building out our KX Partner and Generalist team, and due in part to this, the KX Partners must be capable of completing administrative/transactional duties with keen attention to detail as well as being able to zoom out to develop and lead strategic HR initiatives. The ideal candidate for this role will be an experienced HR professional who is flexible, enthusiastic, detail oriented, and willing to do the work necessary to tackle the challenges facing our global HR operations team!
Our KX Partners are all expected to be highly motivated, strategic culture champions that serve as management’s right hand, and each business unit’s main point of contact, when it comes to developing world-class Krakenite experiences at every phase of the Krakenite Lifecycle. Each Partner will be assigned to business units where they will be tasked with learning how to best support each function to meet their goals while adhering to Kraken’s values and remaining focused on the Company mission.
- Partner with business unit leaders and the broader KX team to develop solutions, programs, and policies that will enhance all phases of the Krakenite lifecylce
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of Krakenites, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Provide high-touch support to management and Krakenites to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity, engagement, and retention
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
- Supports management and the Krakenite through the entire off-boarding process
- Owns the creation and maintenance of KX partner related policies and process documentation (i.e. offboarding, internal transfers, personal information changes, time tracking, and other HRIS business processes as requested) and diligently follows up to get policy appropriately approved, implemented, and communicated
- Partner with business unit leaders to create high-quality customized performance management procedures that align with the company-wide processes
- Regularly seek out opportunities for improvement in all KX partner processes including identifying and executing on automation opportunities
- Take ownership of KX Partner related KX Service Desk tickets and assists the rest of the team in responding to and resolving requests as needed
- Partner with the legal department as needed/required to successfully execute the KX Partner duties and responsibilities
- Assist with general KX policy distribution, upkeep, and company communication and provide guidance and interpretation to management and Krakenites
- Enhance and optimize the business process for amending contract terms for promotions, transfers, team, and entity or employment status changes
- Develop an organized process for auditing our HR database and documentation regularly and escalating any issues or discrepancies as appropriate
- Assist in the administration, tracking, and support for company-wide Performance Management and Engagement Survey processes as requested
- Serve as the main HR point of contact to the assigned business unit(s) and perform other related duties/projects as assigned
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Human Resources with at least 2 years a Human Resources Business Partner supporting international teams
- Knowledge of international employment-related laws, regulations, and compliance requirements
- Experience working in a remote, globally distributed team in a fast-paced high-growth environment strongly preferred
- Experience at a technology company or highly successful start-up strongly preferred
- Proactive problem solver and disciplined self-starter that thrives in an ambiguous environment with ever-changing priorities
- Appreciates privacy, security, “crypto values”, sound money, and can get along well with other Krakenites
- Passion for cryptocurrency adoption and personal experience with crypto strongly preferred
- Extremely organized with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Workday experience strongly preferred
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
454 total views, 1 today