High School English Teacher
Virtual, High School English Teacher, (Part-Time), (Keystone)
Job Category: Academics
Requisition Number: VIRTU025491
K12, a Stride Company, believes in Education for ANY ONE. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the Stride K12 partner school, The Keystone School. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of The Keystone School is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
The Keystone School Teacher is a state-certified teacher responsible for supporting students in an independent learning model, by providing responsive content instruction and support through asynchronous instructional feedback and Academic Center support via phone, live chat, and email. The Academic Center support is focused on answering content questions, developing instructional resources, and monitoring student and school academic achievement. Daytime availability may be required as well as night-time availability up to 8:00pm Eastern Time.
This is a part-time position. Hours to be determined by supervisor.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Teaches courses using a proactive instructional methodology that includes providing timely, motivating and constructive feedback on assignments and assessment items; maintaining student engagement in the course through periodic contact; creating student facing resources to be shared;
- Evaluates all subjective assessments and assigns an appropriate grade to each within the required timeframe
- Maintains educationally sound rubrics and applies them to the grading process;
- Provides detailed feedback for students to ensure mastery of content; covers day and night- time academic center or student instructional sessions as needed to assist with student support; and responds to student inquiries/questions/ requests for help within the proscribed timeframe regardless of the medium by which they were received, e.g. email, phone call, etc
- Communicates effectively with students at different technology skill levels to support instruction and advance educational goals; models effective communication using all forms of technology and manages their proper use in order to maintain an educational, supportive learning environment; directs students to appropriate technical support resources when needed;
- Satisfies all continuing educational requirements as dictated by state teaching certification.
- Collaborates with staff and faculty in a professional manner in order to provide a positive experience for students; serves as a trainer and peer mentor to other Keystone teachers
- Maintains records regarding students in accordance with school policy and state requirements; prepares reports regarding students, classroom matters and course content;
- Builds community by contributing to school message boards, newsletters and events;
- Travels to and participates in staff meetings and professional development sessions; and actively engages in discussion groups for Keystone teachers contributing ideas and resources; completes assigned tasks as related to professional development activities;
- Follows all administrative policies and procedures for teaching staff
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for course review to ensure accurate and current content/assessments/gradebook/course tools; collaborates with staff, teachers and/or course writers to support curriculum enhancement.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Expected Work Hours:
- TYPICALLY, 20-25 PER WEEK Required
- Fewer or Additional Hours May be Required based on business needs
- Work Hours May be Required during Day Time Business Hours (8am-5pm, ET, Mon-Fri)
- EVENING HOURS FOR ACADEMIC CENTER SHIFTS UP TO 8pm Eastern
EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Equipment required – personal desktop or laptop computer no older than 5 years, no Chromebook or tablets. Internet service with modem/router is a requirement. Computers must have an up-to-date operating system utilizing Windows or Mac.
- Our work from home members are asked to have and maintain High-speed internet connection. At the minimum 25Mbps download speed and 5Mbps upload speed, if not competing with other household users. For the sake of call quality, satellite, DSL, data plans, wireless or dial-up services are not compatible.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree AND
- Three (3) years of experience teaching
Certificates and Licenses: Appropriate state certification for assigned grade levels.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent knowledge of motivational techniques
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, decision-making, and interpersonal skills; Ability to anticipate potential problems in planning and implementing programs
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of instructional methodology
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook as well as Internet research methods; Web proficiency; Utilizes computer software associated with curriculum
- Willingness and ability to obtain additional licensing as required
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Ability to pass required background check
- Experience with a charter school or another non-traditional school environment
- Experience working for distance education providers
- Experience working with educational technology
- Tutoring Experience
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is virtual. A home-office workspace should be established in a distraction-free area of the home.
- Equipment required – personal desktop or laptop computer, internet with modem/router
Compensation & Benefits: Stride, Inc. considers a person’s education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee’s salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position’s level and expected contribution, and the employee’s benefits elections. Offers will typically be in the bottom half of the range.
- We anticipate this position will pay between $11.54 to $28.96 per hour. Eligible employees may receive a bonus. This salary is not guaranteed, as an individual’s compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Stride offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.