CommunicateHealth is a growing health communication firm with a passion for health literacy and human-centered design. Our mission is to improve lives by designing health information that’s easy to understand and use. CommunicateHealth team members are committed to this mission — and to helping each other do big things every day. Together, we create inspiring solutions that transform the way people think about health.
You’re an experienced writer and editor with a background in health communication or public health. You excel at developing materials that are conversational, understandable, accessible, and actionable.
You have experience reconciling feedback from subject matter experts, ensuring plain language content is scientifically accurate, and providing guidance to junior writers. You distill complex information into approachable content that requires little or no substantive editing. You enjoy working both independently and collaboratively, have experience giving and receiving feedback on content, and display outstanding critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
What You’ll Do
- Write and edit plain language content — including social media content — on a variety of health topics
- Research a variety of health- and wellness-related topics and identify the most relevant actions and recommendations for each priority audience
- Work with clients to shape content and message strategy for communications campaigns
- Reconcile feedback from clients and subject matter experts while maintaining plain language standards and editorial consistency across communication products
- Review, edit, or proofread content deliverables before they go out the door to ensure accuracy and alignment with style guides and other requirements
- Mentor health writers and provide editorial feedback on their work
- At least 5 years of relevant experience or an advanced degree
- BA or MA in Public Health, Health Science, English, Communication, or a related field
- Strong writing and editing skills with a knack for clear communication
- Demonstrated experience developing health education materials that incorporate best practices from human-centered design, health education, and health literacy
CommunicateHealth is committed to workplace diversity and providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees. We proactively seek out diverse perspectives and apply them to strengthen our work and our employee experience.
At CommunicateHealth, we acknowledge that our employees are the best and brightest, and we want to compensate you accordingly!
- Open paid time off policy
- 401K with 3% company match
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance plans (CH pays 85% for individuals and 80% for families and couples)
- Parking and commuter reimbursement (Rockville office)
- Up to 6 weeks paid parental leave (up to 6 additional weeks of unpaid leave) and flexible schedules for working parents
- Life insurance base plan of $50,000
A Healthy Social and Emotional Work Environment
- Flexible schedules, including Summer Fridays
- Weekly all-staff Creative Time
- Standing desks
- Gym membership reimbursement (included with company-sponsored health insurance plan)
Personal and Professional Development and Training
- $1,500+ of professional development annually
- Company support for applying to and presenting at professional conferences
- Individual coaching and mentoring, including access to CH principals
- Pro-bono and community work that align with the CH mission
- Company-sponsored trainings throughout the year
Compensation $60,000 – $81,000
As federal contractors, all employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.