Full-Time Head of Content
Head of Content
We are looking for a highly-motivated and experienced Head of Content Marketing & SEO to join our team and take ownership of the Content Marketing program at Toggl leading our two flagship products Track and Plan.
The salary for this position is 75,000 annually. You are free to choose where you work as long as your main location is between UTC-4 and UTC+8:00.
The Head of Content Marketing is responsible for overseeing and managing the creation, distribution, and optimization of content across all marketing channels. They will work closely with the marketing team to develop and execute a content marketing strategy that aligns with the company’s overall goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate is someone who already has experience leading a similar program at a B2B SaaS brand and is comfortable taking full ownership and making decisions.
In this role, you will be reporting to the Marketing Director and managing 1 FTE along with external agencies and freelancers. In addition, you’ll be working closely with various stakeholders within the company such as the Sales and Customer Success teams, our Chief Revenue Officer, and others.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive content marketing plan encompassing all marketing channels, including the website, blog, etc. Your goal is to establish Toggl as the ultimate authority on topics important to our target audience.
- Audit and expand our content marketing strategy. In the future, we might want to add other relevant channels for content such as video, podcasts, and more.
- Strike the right balance between SEO, thought leadership, and product-led content. Organic traffic is the main source of Toggl’s success, but we want to establish the brand as a partner that our audience trusts and comes back to naturally.
- Understand the informational, commercial, and transactional sides of our content strategy and associated keyword/traffic performance.
- Manage the relationship with our agency partners and a team of content creators (e.g. writers, designers, videographers, etc.) to produce high-quality content that engages and resonates with our target audience.
- Analyze content performance data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement, and adjust the content marketing plan accordingly.
- Collaborate with other teams (e.g. sales, product, customer success) to ensure that content aligns with their goals and objectives.
- Come up with a framework for measuring success (through a set of KPIs) and own the execution that leads to it.
About the team
We are a global team of 130+ awesome people working from over 40 countries around the globe. We hire globally, you work locally in the heart of London, a beach outside of So Paulo, or a quiet village near Florence, the choice is yours. Every few months we travel to meet up somewhere in the world and spend some quality time together. We place a huge amount of trust in our people, and we measure the outcomes rather than the work itself. Our values fuel our results.
Wonder if you’ll fit in?
Learn more about our culture
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in B2B SaaS content marketing, with at least 2 years in a managerial role.
- Strong understanding of content marketing best practices and trends, as well as experience with various content formats (e.g. blog posts, infographics, videos, etc.).
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable taking ownership of all aspects of putting together and implementing a strategy and making decisions along the way.
- Interest in mentoring and developing people.
- Freedom to choose when and how much you workwe only measure results
- 24 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays
- In-person meetups for team-building (expenses covered)
- 4-6 weeks paid sabbatical (depending on tenure)
- Laptop budget up to 2,500 and it renews every 3 years
- 2,000 budget to set up your home office and an additional 300 every year after 3 years of tenure
- 250 per month for co-working space membership and/or internet service at home
- 4,000 per year contribution to use for training, workshops, and conferences
- 2,000 per year contribution for any equipment or services to improve and/or maintain your physical and mental health
- Support for buying tools you need for doing your best work (even eyeglasses if you need a new pair)