Freelance Graphic Designer
Location: International, Anywhere; 100% Remote; Freelance
Who are we?
Lower Street is a podcasting company that works with agencies, consultants, and enterprise companies to make amazing shows. Shows that matter, that make an impact.
We’re focused on 2 things:
- Making the best podcasts we possibly can, and
- Continually learning and improving on what we do – both individually and as a team.
From concept to distribution, we help clients to develop their ideas into fully fledged podcasts. And it’s really fun.
What’s the gig?
We are looking for a skilled graphic designer contractor to join our passionate team. In this role, you will be responsible for producing all sorts of creative assets for Lower Street from web infographics to event POS assets. You’ll work closely with folks like Harry (CEO) and Steven (Head of Marketing).
Things you’ll do
- Execute creative briefs assigned by the Head of Marketing
- Work with brand guidelines to develop design assets, such as imagery, social graphics, infographics, brochures, and event POS assets
- When required, liaise with partner organizations by creating and delivering graphics and content that adhere to both organizations’ brand guidelines
- Wireframe and develop new creative elements
Who exactly are we looking for?
- Creative. You are able to foster and maintain the creative vision of the content produced for Lower Street.
- Communicative. You have excellent written and verbal communication and excel in collaboration with teammates.
- Authentic. You put the people around you at ease and bring your own unique voice to research and writing.
- Adaptable. You thrive when you need to find solutions, make adjustments, and receive feedback. You work efficiently to get the job done by deadlines.
- Passionate. You love storytelling and connecting business communities through content marketing.
For this role, you ideally have:
- 5+ years’ experience in design and/or brand roles
- Experience in creating and working within brand guidelines
- Expert user of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience in editorial design, including text layup and infographic creation
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Experience of website design and knowledge of UX best practice
- Experience with creating illustrations against brand guidelines
- Work from anywhere.
- Your house in the country, a coffee shop in the city, a yurt in the forest — we don’t mind. As long as you have strong enough wifi.
- Truly great work culture.
- We’re a young and small, but established company — you can make a real impact, but we’re not in the business of micromanagement.
- Flexible Hours.
- Outside of ideally having some working overlap with UK working hours, we have a globally distributed, asynchronous team.
Learn more about us here.
Like what you see?
If you’re thinking: “This is totally me!” then be sure to apply here. Even if you’re thinking: “This definitely could be me!” apply anyways — we love diverse and non-traditional backgrounds.
Please, sneak the word ‘Apricot’ somewhere into your application to show us you read the whole job description.
We can’t wait to meet you!
70 total views, 3 today