Graphic Designer, K-8 Language Arts
Product Development & Management
Remote, United States
Do you want to work at a mission-driven company that is making an impact on education for millions of students across the country? We are looking for a talented and collaborative Graphic Designer – with experience developing educational programs which span both print and digital mediums – to bring fun, engaging and user-centric designs to our growing portfolio of curriculum products.
The Graphic Designer reports to the Sr. Design Manager, Language Arts and is responsible for working independently—as well as with the internal design team, content team, and with key stakeholders—to design and produce compelling student- and teacher-facing designs from conception through to the completed product. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, and will have a passion for exploring and working to solve issues of inequity within education.
A portfolio of relevant graphic design work is required to be considered for this position
The impact you’ll have:
- Be a Part of creating educational experiences and resources that are used by 10 million students across the country
- Team Up with the Curriculum Associates Design Team to establish creative direction for new core and supplemental products across both print and digital mediums
- Create unique and compelling design solutions that promote a sense of fun and engagement with Reading content for all learners
- Design components, layouts, and features with a focus on teacher and student experience and usability, never losing focus of the idea that engaged learners are better learners
- Develop innovative products in collaboration with educators and industry leaders to create culturally responsive resources for the students and teachers we serve
What we’re looking for:
- A bachelor’s degree or a comparable level of experience
- 2-3 years of experience in print design processes and production, including layout, page composition, and careful attention to typography
- Experience in educational or children’s publishing and/or media is a plus
- Experience developing and implementing a product-specific visual design plan, including directing illustrators, photo research and image preparation/manipulation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to articulate art/design strategy to non-design stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work within a collaborative team-based development process
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and familiarity with Mac OS
- Passion for exploration and consumption of print and digital media
Benefits and Pay Range:
Pay Range – This role’s range is $60,750 – $$99,750. The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that Curriculum Associates considers in making compensation decisions based on our Compensation Philosophy. Actual base pay within that range will vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, prior experience and relevant skill sets. At Curriculum Associates, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances for each case. This role is also eligible to participate in the company bonus plan. The Company recognizes that minimum wage varies by location and will ensure all compensation decisions comply with applicable state and local laws.
Benefits – Benefit eligible employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees can enroll in our company’s 401k plan and receive an employer match. Employees have access to a flexible vacation and sick policy in addition to twelve paid holidays and a winter office closure between Christmas and New Year’s, as well as a number of additional perks and benefits.