REMOTE – AUSTIN, TX
We’re looking for a Graphic Designer to (1) lead branding for Workweek Creators, (2) support our marketing team, and (3) help the broader Workweek brand grow.
(1) Creators — Workweek Creators produce a variety of content across multiple channels (i.e. newsletters, podcasts, social media) about broad topics (like venture capital) and more niche topics (like cannabis or climate tech). As we onboard new Creators, you’ll collaborate with them to develop visual assets for their media, like logos and brand guidelines, event flyers, and infographics.
(2) Marketing — The Workweek Marketing Team is tasked with growing our Creators’ brands via both paid and organic efforts. The Graphic Designer will support them by creating social media advertisements and other marketing-related assets.
(3) Workweek — Cultural relevance is key to Workweek. We’ll collab with the Graphic Designer on quick-turnaround projects, like spinning up a Succession-themed t-shirt or Elon Musk joke merch. Simply put, we love to have fun, and want our audience to have fun with us.
Ideally, this Graphic Designer loves variety in their work, is both open to and able to take action on feedback, and can run with projects without heavy supervision. Above all, we’re looking for someone who’s stoked to use their graphic design skills towards accomplishing our mission — and wants to have a lot of fun doing it.
Note: This is a full-time position. You’ll always be able to work remotely wherever you want, but we’re planning to open an office in Austin, TX, in the near future for anyone who wants to work IRL. All work will be done in English.
- Design material across a variety of mediums, from web and social to print and merch
- Create visual assets for both Workweek Creators and the core Workweek brand on a weekly basis, including but not limited to social media advertisements, event flyers, infographics, podcast cover art, and sales decks
- Collaborate with Workweek Creators as they join the team to develop logos and brand guidelines for their individual franchises
- Ensure consistent branding across the Workweek ecosystem based on the guidelines you develop
- Manage project flow and accurately estimate when deliverables will be complete
- Previous graphic design experience; experience in digital media or publishing, specifically for business brands, a plus
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite; proficiency with Canva a plus
- Self-motivated and able to efficiently run with projects without close supervision
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to set and meet regular deadlines
- Ability to operate and represent yourself in a way that aligns with Workweek’s core values
- Competitive pay (we don’t pay based on location, we assign value to the role)
- Equity in Workweek
- Async operations (when possible) with the ability to work in the time zone of your choice (or work IRL in our Austin, TX or New York City office)
- 25 days of PTO (i.e. 200 hours) per year
- 100% health insurance coverage, 75% coverage for dependents, and $150/month towards an HSA (or $150/month health stipend if insurance not used)
- 120 days of parental leave to use within 1 year of childbirth (available 12 months after your start date and only available every 365 days)
- 401(k) plan with 3.5% company match
- Monthly health raffle (if you average 8 hours of sleep per night, you’re entered to win health tools and tech, i.e. Fitbit, Apple Watch, etc.)
- $500/year stipend for any home office needs
- $1,000/year stipend for continuing education
- 5-week sabbatical after 4 years on staff
- 2 volunteering days per year
- 2x/year in-person team retreat
- Unlimited book orders from Amazon
- Want to start a new company? We will be the first investor in your startup if you’ve been with Workweek for 3 years
How to Apply