Full-Time Graphic Designer
Title: Graphic Designer
Location: US National
FULL-TIME (EXEMPT)/ REMOTE
Placemakr is a venture-backed startup on a mission to change the future of hospitality and home. With properties in four cities (and many more coming!) we operate a platform that allows buildings to blur the line between hotels and apartments. Our platform is an all-in-one solution which includes property operations, customer acquisitions, and the tech stack to operate with more flexibility than any other company in the market. Our tech-enabled buildings create a one-of-a-kind guest experience and tremendous value in the underlying real estate. Whether a guest or resident is with us for three days or three years, these are more than just spaces to spend the nightthey are a place to call home.
Our property team members focus on bringing our business to life at each of our buildings with a focus on execution, and resident and guest experience. Our non-property team members focus on supporting property execution and the evolution of the other areas of the platform. The non-property roles are remote-first with the option to work out of our DC or SF offices. We think in-person collaboration and bonding is extremely important, so our remote-first team members participate in quarterly in-person retreats with their teams at various locations across the U.S.
As a Graphic Designer, your mission is to bring the Placemakr brand to life visually in a captivating and differentiating way.
This is a Full Time role. Contractors or Agencies please dont apply for this role, W2 only individuals will be considered.
- You will own the Placemakr design direction and brand identity in partnership with the Sr. Director of Brand and Communications in this role.
- You will establish creative direction across the brand architecture and apply it to all company materials.
- You will use your masterful design skills to develop concepts and execute content with the ideal usage of color, text, font style, imagery, and layout.
- Through design, you will concept new and innovative ways to bring the Placemakr brand to life.
- You will collaborate, brainstorm, and strategize with multiple teams to bring a wide range materials to life. Think web, digital advertising, email, social media content, marketing materials, presentations, collateral, digital and physical signage, internal communication, swag, newsletters, etc.
- You will partner with our agencies, web developers, vendors, and contractors on brand design and direction.
- You will use your communication skills collaborate with your team members on layout and design to ensure the strategy is met.
- You will have a role in our photo and video shoots, helping to provide art direction and perform image retouching.
- And, of course, you will use your project management skills to ensure projects are completed with high-quality output on time and within budget.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- You have your degree in graphic arts, design, or a related field.
- You have 5+ years of experience
- You’ve done this before. You have a portfolio of work that showcases your skills in design relating to marketing, website, brand identity, signage, advertising, swag, etc.
- You’re a whiz in Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch, and Illustrator.
- You’re curious. You constantly examine typography, color, layout, etc., for things like print, digital, and web.
- You’re passionate about building brands through design.
- You’re innovative and bold. You constantly push the boundaries for design.
- You have a strong eye for visual composition with excellent attention to detail.
- You have time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- You’re an excellent communicator, able to translate the ambiguous into practical (e.g., what emotions your design choices should evoke).
- You’re able to give and receive feedback in highly collaborative environment.
- You know a bit about HTML and CSS.
- You love fast-paced, collaborative, sometimes ambiguous environments.
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Competitive Pay
- Performance Bonuses
- Generous Stock Options
- 401k + 4% employer matching program
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Cell phone Reimbursement
- Discounts to stay at select Placemakr properties
- Life Insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Remote-first policy