United States Virtual Req #26176
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
GET Creative is an internationally recognized creative team operating at the USA TODAY Network. Our sales partners greatly value our efforts and our clients rave about our work. We serve a variety of local, regional and national businesses in a multitude of advertising segments across all our digital and traditional channels which means no two days (or two projects) are ever the same. Not only is our work diverse, but our team is too, with Art Directors and Designers spanning from Manhattan to Tuscaloosa and Phoenix to Naples. Even though we stretch from coast-to-coast, we stay close and support one another through collaborative ideation, design execution and purposeful team engagement efforts. In addition to a fully remote working environment, we enjoy and appreciate the work-life balance and generous paid-time-off policy, among many other great benefits available as part of Gannett’s offerings.
The purpose of this role is to design and execute creative solutions that consistently and clearly translate client needs into compelling, executable digital and offline designs across a variety of digital and traditional platforms. This will have a wide range of design capabilities and experience, with a solid background in visual communications, advertising art, print, digital and typography. The Graphic Designer will not only help develop effective designs for prospective and existing clients, they will finalize and build them out for flawless launch and efficient ad performance.
- Collaborates with team art directors, creative directors, account managers, and other colleagues to understand client needs and translate them into a compelling, executable digital and offline designs across all platforms
- Uses knowledge of technical specs and functionalities of our owned and operated and third-party products in order to build effective solutions that leverage their full potential including new formats, high-volume resizes, and ongoing live buildouts
- Use artistic skills and basic design principles to determine the best visual effect in planning, developing, and designing creative, aesthetic materials that are targeted to a specific audiences and are consistent with the image of the company and brand.
- Adheres to established identity systems with the ability to extrapolate them into new ad units and platforms.
- Ability to design for digital display, print, social, email, landing pages, branded content, print collateral, direct mail, and other formats as needed.
- Supports the Sales teams by creating sales materials such as flyers and PowerPoint presentations.
- Adhere to provided brand guidelines and representations across all mediums.
- Able to work on a variety of projects simultaneously while maintaining accuracy and requiring minimal supervision.
- Monitor and meet deadlines as assigned.
- Completion of other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Personally work on graphic development growth.
- Prepare final press-ready files based on supplied specifications for several types of printing.
- Make various formats of supplied artwork production-ready and resolve any artwork issues that arise during production.
- Provide image retouching, clipping paths, toning, CMYK conversion, and any additional image manipulation.
- Package and preflight files for release to printers or media partners.
- Create PDFs for print and client review.
- Follow a development timeline to ensure tasks are being completed on time.
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise with both the creative team and internal partners or vendors.
- 3+ years of experience in graphic design.
- Degree is graphic design or related.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize.
- Strong organization and problem solving skills with the ability to manage and execute multiple projects with excellent time management skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, and PowerPoint.
- Strong understanding of marketing principles and advertising strategy.
- Proactive, with the ability to work well independently and as a team.
- Professional, positive attitude with a strong work ethic and willingness to observe and learn.
- Ensure all work consistently meets established brand standards and guidelines.