Job ID 22919
Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Employees at Quad thrive at the intersection of thinking, making and marketing. As we continue to take the bold steps necessary to transform our offering, our goal is to provide our clients with the most powerful integrated marketing platform. We’re all partners in our company, committed to do the right thing, trusting the process, innovating for the future, growing the business, believing in each other, and having a little fun along the way.
The primary role of the Production Artist is to design new ads and to perform modifications as needed, electronically rework, assemble, create and at times build various print projects in accordance with client specifications. Must be creative and have the ability to multitask on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. This includes, but is not limited to, data entry and type-setting, image manipulation, art creation or modification.
- Create and produce page layouts that promote the client’s brand and sales objectives
- Work with brand standards and guidelines
- Collaborate with account manager and copywriters
- Work with pagination and product mix to develop page layouts and final page production
- Produce four-color and black and white page versions
- Prepare final files for print and digital production
- Work efficiently through high volumes, meeting tight deadlines within established budgets
- Attend new project turnovers and weekly production meetings as part of client’s creative team
- Propose creative concept elements for potential and new projects
- Create layout comps, rough and presentation materials as requested
- Maintain accuracy in page building and error-free documents
- Make corrections and modifications to Client proofs as requested
- Prepare Client proofs for approval
- Learn job tracking system and assist in managing projects
- Demonstrate the ability to perform well and remain organized under tight deadlines
- Assist in project and/or client customer needs
- Act as liaison between Client and prepress
- Assist in finding efficiencies for the department
- Stay current on graphic trends through continued education, trade shows, seminars, special courses, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Experience Mac Operator
- Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- Knowledge of creating and working with templates and style sheets; including page formatting of copy, placing photos and artwork; producing multiple versions
- Proficiency in all Mac-based, industry-standard software programs including, but not limited to: Adobe Creative Cloud – InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, Microsoft Office and Acrobat
- Knowledge of the Windows platform
- Experience with data-driven page production
- Knowledge of all steps required for the print process and an understanding of production methods to ensure designs can be produced for print delivery
- Network, Internet, Email communication systems
- General understanding and knowledge of e-marketing vehicles and specifications.
- General advertising, marketing and media terminology and processes
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.