Full-Time Grant Writer
Laudato Si’ Movement is an international network of Catholic people and 770+ member organizations, all working together to develop solutions to the climate crisis. We are led by the Holy Spirit, and we find joy and support in our faith and each other.
We act at the forefront of faith-based efforts to protect the environment, and our work is very fast-paced, with multiple projects and priorities managed daily. We enjoy a collaborative working environment in which everyone is committed to tackling the climate crisis with courage and love. We believe as Pope Francis said in Laudato Si’, that “truly, much can be done!”
About This Position
Reporting to and in partnership with the Development Director, the Grant Writer is a member of the development team who is responsible for becoming familiar with LSM’s programs, goals, and financial needs, performing research into potential funding sources and writing grant proposals and reports.
The Grant Writer is responsible for timely submissions of proposals and efficient follow-up to maximize the probability of grant awards. The position collaborates with other teams at LSM to obtain the necessary information for grant reports and solicitations. The position oversees the tracking of donor conversations, gifts, etc., as needed.
- Conducts a full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grant proposals; researches and performs data collection to identify potential grant opportunities; works with the development team to collaborate on fundable projects.
- Prepares grant proposals for the foundation in draft and final form that make compelling the need for financial support to address identified funding priorities.
- Maintains a grants deadline calendar, and meets deadlines for submissions.
- Works with finance to gather information necessary to prepare interim and final project reports to funding sources on a regular and scheduled basis working with other departments to assure accurate and timely reporting.
- Maintains an accurate database of records of current and prospective grant opportunities, as well as current grant awards.
- Communicates regularly with leadership on the status of pending grant proposals.
- Operates in accordance with fundraising ethics, best practices, IRS regulations, and LSM’s gift acceptance policy.
Skills and Characteristics
- Writing: Excellent English speaking and writing. Outstanding grammar and written communications skills. Demonstrated ability to concisely and efficiently write cogent, persuasive grant proposals for formal submissions. 3-5 years of grant writing experience.
- Research/Time management/Organizational skills: Ability to quickly conduct and organize research. Ability to understand the needs of LSM and the foundation that is offering grant support. Skilled in working on multiple projects at a time under tight deadlines and in project management overall. Excellent attention to detail and efficient time manager who understands and can execute complex instructions. Ability to remain current at all times regarding grant funder policies and submission processes. Outstanding computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, Google Apps suite, and Salesforce (if possible, but not required) with the ability to learn new applications.
- Shared values: Endorses and embodies LSM Values and the Laudato Si’ paradigm in behavior and words; comfortable supporting and working in a faith-based environment.
- Independent worker: Proven ability to work independently, as well as in close coordination with a remote team across multiple time zones. Ability to maintain confidentiality, as needed.
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Hours: 40 hours per week Location: Open to worldwide candidates with a preference for English-speaking countries. Type: Full-time position Work environment: This position will work remotely. Application Deadline: Rolling until hired.