Full-Time Full Stack Lead Software Engineer
Title: Full Stack Lead Software Engineer I – Auth & Accounts (Client Experience Platform)
Location: Remote, USA
About the Role
You will deliver products and solutions not just features by developing an understanding of how Stitch Fix works. We trust you to focus your time and efforts where they are needed most. Your commitment to applying technology to business challenges in clean & innovative ways will make you a trusted advisor to your partners and their teams. You will own projects and influence our direction.
You won’t do this alone. Your team will collaborate with business partners to define product requirements, plans, and deliverables. You will work with team members to take advantage of learning and growth opportunities in tech and product through real day-to-day work. You will impact the business in tangible, visible ways and always have a seat at the table.
We are looking for Engineers for our Auth & Accounts team: We cannot succeed without creative engineers. Your cross-functional team will propose and build solutions for implementing secure authentication features along with authorization features for a household account. In Auth & Accounts Engineering, we are scaling our authentication system to reduce account takeovers and provide a seamless authentication experience. We are also looking at expanding our customer base with a household account feature that will help drive features and payments and discounts across multiple accounts. As a Lead Software Engineer, you will help shape the future of Stitch Fix’s Authentication & User Accounts systems. You will also be responsible for planning, building, and maintaining features and software in support of that future.
Building valuable and sustainable software is a group activity. You will work within a distributed team of 6 – 8 software engineers and cross-functional partners including product, design, algorithms, finance, etc. You’re expected to have strong written communication skills and be able to develop strong working relationships with coworkers and business partners. You will need to know when and how to listen to, influence, coach, share with, advocate to, and lead others.
This is a remote position available within the United States. We operate in an agile-inspired manner; collaborating across multiple time zones. We build modern software with modern techniques like TDD, continuous delivery, DevOps, and service-oriented architecture. We focus on high-value products that solve clearly identified problems but are designed in a sustainable way and deliver long-term value.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will
- Operate as an engaged member of the engineering team – designing complex system designs, recommending solutions and 3rd party integrations, providing input on technical design documents & project plans, pairing with other engineers and stakeholders to work toward a solution, etc.
- Collaborate with stakeholders while leading the execution of complex and/or critical projects within the Auth & Accounts team or across multiple engineering teams.
- Model consistently sustainable results against measurable goals.
- Break down projects into actionable milestones.
- Proactively communicate status updates or changes to the scope or timeline of projects to stakeholders and leadership.
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, pairing opportunities, timely feedback, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others.
- Actively invest in the professional development and career growth of your teammates and peers.
- Frame business problems using high-quality data analysis and empirical evidence for leadership.
- Find new and better ways of doing things that align with business priorities.
- Influence other engineers toward right-sized solutions.
- Participate in on-call rotations and improve the on-call experience for others.
- Help Stitch Fix continue to develop new methods of collaborating with partners across the organization.
We are excited about you because…
- You have roughly 5+ years of professional programming experience.
- You have experience in the authentication space
- You have hands-on experience with running Ruby on Rails, along with other modern web stacks (e.g. Node, React, Golang, Postgres, GraphQL, Kafka).
- 3+ years of experience in technical leadership – including driving technical decisions and guiding broader project goals.
- You are bright, kind, and motivated by challenges.
- You have excellent analytical skills as well as communication skills both verbal and written.
- You treasure helping your team members grow and learn.
- You take initiative and operate with accountability.
- You are motivated by solving problems and finding creative client-focused solutions.
- You build high-quality solutions and are pragmatic about weighing project scope and value.
- You are flexible, dedicated to your craft, and curious.
- You might have experience working remotely alongside a distributed software engineering team.
- You might have experience with evolving a resilient distributed service architecture.
- You might have experience with GraphQL schema design.
- You might have prior experience with accessibility best practices.
Our Tech Stack Includes…
- Ruby, Rails, Golang and some Node.js
- GraphQL and PostgreSQL
You’ll Love Working At Stitch Fix Because We…
- Are a group of bright, kind people who are motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- Value integrity, innovation, and trust.
- Are a technologically and data-driven business.
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- Get to be creative every day.
- Have a smart, experienced, and diverse leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- Full support for remote work & lean into async communications.
- Offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, as well as equity and comprehensive health benefits.
- Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance, and have generous parental leave policies.
Compensation and Benefits
Our anticipated compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets, and the range below indicates the low end of the lowest-compensated market to the high end of the highest-compensated market. This position is eligible for new hire and ongoing grants of restricted stock units depending on employee and company performance. In addition, the position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external careers site.
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.
Recruiting Fraud Alert:
To all candidates: your personal information and online safety are top of mind for us. At Stitch Fix, recruiters only direct candidates to apply through our official career pages at https://www.stitchfix.com/careers/jobs or https://web.fountain.com/c/stitch-fix.
Recruiters will never request payments, ask for financial account information or sensitive information like social security numbers. If you are unsure if a message is from Stitch Fix, please email RecruitingOperations@stitchfix.com.
You can read more about Recruiting Scam Awareness on our FAQ page here: https://support.stitchfix.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500007169402-Recruiting-Scam-Awareness