Title: Front-end Engineer
We are looking to hire a front-end engineer with proficiency (and interest) in product design.
This is a unique opportunity to join Saltbox’s engineering organization at the ground floor, in a role that will help define what it means to be an engineer at Saltbox, and that will invent products that will materially impact our users while having the potential to disrupt the logistics space.
At Saltbox, we believe that operational excellence turns strong brands into great companies. For far too long, digitally-enabled companies working with physical goods have been pushed to the fringes of the entrepreneurial ecosystem. We’re here to change that. Within our purpose-built warehouses, we offer flexible workspaces and logistics-enabling solutions that help e-commerce companies start, grow, and scale.
Backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in the world, we are opening locations across the U.S. Founded by experienced executives in real estate, logistics, customer success and technology, we’re on a mission to ensure that every entrepreneur has a place to call home.
After expanding our physical footprint across the country to 14 co-warehousing locations and hundreds of members, we are now heavily investing in building our technical footprint.
What you’ll be doing:
- Being the face of front-end at Saltbox:
- You will be building world-class product on a small engineering team.
- You will look for opportunities to build reusable front-end libraries to increase the speed and reliability of our team over time.
- You will maintain and improve our existing front-end products.
- You will implement and improve front-end dev ops tooling (CI, build tooling, etc).
- Collaborating often and efficiently:
- You will work with PM’s and other engineers to shape our product roadmap through gathering signal + brainstorming + decomposing ideas into concrete solutions.
- You will work with your back-end focused counterparts on API design and implementation.
- Shaping our engineering culture:
- As one of the first engineers at Saltbox, you will be a contributor in defining how we interact with other parts of our organization, and our customers.
You should have:
- Proficiency with product design tools like Figma.
- Agility with modern front-end technologies and frameworks, specifically React.
- A strong understanding of user experience (UX) design principles and user interface (UI) design.
- Elite UX intuition.
- A strong desire to see first-hand how your work is creating a real difference for people.
- A passion for learning and applying new technologies, quickly.
- An eagerness to take advantage of our physical footprint to become fully immersed in our problem space.
- Comfortability with challenging others’ ideas and having your ideas challenged.
How to Apply