Friendly Customer Support Agent
Location: US Locations Only; 100% Remote
Who You Are
Your friends describe you as a “go getter”. You are a forward thinker who likes to embrace new technologies and find creative, efficient solutions. You generally take life by the horns but understand that you are not always the smartest person in the room. You enjoy working with people, you’re collaborative, humble, willing to ask questions and provide answers. You get that to succeed, everyone must succeed, and that our customers come first.
Who We Are
As outdoor enthusiasts, camping is an essential part of our recreation with friends and family. However, we realized that booking a campsite wasn’t nearly as easy as booking a hotel stay. Why couldn’t it be that easy to reserve time in nature? So in 2006 we set out on a new adventure—make a simple and intuitive way to book a campsite on the interweb. Since then, we’ve become one of the fastest growing (adding new customers all the time), industry-leading, cloud-based campground management and online reservation software companies.
We’re an intentionally small team based in Mount Juliet, TN and we take our time finding the right people who believe in our mission. For us, this is not just a job—it’s our passion! We take pride in our work and “own our own stuff”. We work hard to be proactive and solve problems. But most importantly, we get what good customer service looks and feels like and want to be the best! We either add value to the market by making campground management and reservations easy, or we find something else to do. To quote the great Yoda, “Do or Do Not. There is no try!”
What You’d Do
Besides making incredible software that helps park operators live their BEST lives, we commit to creating dependable relationships with our customers and each other.
You’d be a CampLife evangelist, providing the kind of solutions that showcase your fantastic problem-solving skills and the best features of our software. You’d listen well and gather important details on phone, email, and chat conversations. You’d use trouble-shooting skills and knowledge of computers and systems to diagnose and quickly find resolutions to customer concerns. And, you’d cheerfully walk them through fixes using non-jargony language.
You’d be the go-to specialist (within the larger Customer Success team) for any accounting-related software issues that arise. You’d have a thorough understanding of how the accounting functions work within our system, the differences between cash and accrual accounting methods, and be able to explain solutions to our customers in plain language.
You’d also enjoy creating proactive training and support for customers before they even know they need it! And, you’d collaborate with our larger team to find ways to make record keeping, financial, and reservation processes so simple for campground owners that they’re able to get back to what they do best—creating unforgettable experiences for their campers.
While the work is performed remotely, you may need to travel from time-to-time to attend CampLife meetings and events at various locations around the country.
Necessary Qualifications for the Job
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At minimum of 2 years of applicable customer service experience
- Working knowledge of computer systems, software and applications, and the Internet in general
- General knowledge of accounting principles
- Accounting or bookkeeping experience preferred
Fitting into the Culture
- Interested in fully resolving questions and issues.
- Maintain a friendly demeanor in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates a fundamental respect for others.
- Genuine interest in sharing and learning as a team.
- Wants to build close working relationships with team members.
- Ability to listen, speak, write, and communicate in English well.
- Listens carefully to understand questions and concerns.
- Diagnoses and quickly find resolutions to customer problems.
- Well-organized and pays attention to detail.
- Ability to teach and communicate accounting steps and procedures in CampLife software.
- Genuine interest in learning about computer programs and software applications.
- Comfortable explaining and teaching computer-related tasks to non-technical individuals.
Drive for Results
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and complete work independently.
- Resourcefulness to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
Day-to-day Work Expectations
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of CampLife systems. Learn how to develop rules, utilize reports, and perform basic accounting.
- Answer customer questions in a helpful, proactive, friendly, and timely way.
- Listen to customers carefully and thoroughly to understand problems.
- Use available information and resources to generate solutions.
- Provide clear, concise, and effective responses to customers as timely as possible.
- Use the ticketing system to review, document, communicate, and update the status of customer support requests. Document specific steps taken to resolve support issues.
- Collaborate on problem resolution with other CampLife teams. Escalate support issues to the dev team and other teams as needed.
- Actively stay informed about new features, functionality, pricing, and other important points of the software to efficiently provide this information to customers as needed.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of how the accounting functions work in CampLife software.
- Receive and resolve accounting-related questions and support tickets.
- Teach and explain accounting steps and procedures to customers in plain language.
- Escalate accounting-related system issues to the Dev team as needed.
- Train parks via phone, chat, email, and web conferences.
- Assist in the development and improvement of customer training materials.
- Use feedback obtained during customer support interactions to assist the dev team in improving system usability and functionality.
- Assist in system testing with the software development and marketing teams.
- While supporting customers, identify changes that could be made to CampLife systems that could address common issues and provide this feedback to the dev team for consideration.
- Comply with the service level agreements (SLAs) that govern the delivery of service to customers.
- Continuously engage with other members of the CS team to communicate and receive important information.
- Attend and engage in customer support team meetings and company events.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of department goals and metrics.
Perform other duties and complete special projects as assigned.
Pay Type: $16 – $20 per hour
Location: Virtual / Work from home
Want to be a CampLifer? Fantastic!
We believe in hiring smart people and giving them the support they need. Besides working with a team fueled by a mission, you may also enjoy some of these perks:
✓ A fully remote position (even pre-pandemic!)
✓ Competitive paid time off plan, including holidays and your birthday
✓ Health, life, dental, vision, and disability insurance
If this sounds like the type of position that pumps you up (or at least makes you smile) please send a resume and cover letter to jobs@CampLife.com.
When you send those two items, tell us a bit about yourself:
- What was the last book you read and how did it impact you?
- How would you define an excellent team player?
- How have you served others in the past 12 months?
We hope to hear from you soon!
Location: US Locations Only