Freelance Writer for Nursing Website
Code Nursing is a new editorial platform featuring lifestyle content to help nurses navigate the specificities of their roles. We are looking for a contract writer to produce meaningful, relatable articles for a growing community of nurses. This individual will produce 1-2 content pieces per week, ranging from 1500-2000 words in length in collaboration with the editorial team.
The ideal candidate is a certified nurse, nursing assistant, or nursing student with the ability to balance professional topics with an engaging and inviting tone.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with the editorial manager to review and produce upcoming topics
- Write and edit 2-4 content pieces per month (1500-2000 words each)
- Proofread, edit, and work with writers to deliver quality content.
Who You Are:
- Completed or in-progress degree: ADN, BSN, MSN, DNP, NA (open to active nursing students).
- A sharp writer with strong self-editing skills.
- Adept at analyzing trends.
- Ability to fact-check, catch errors, and correct inconsistencies.
- Understands how to do thorough research on the subject matter.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Can handle critical feedback and adjust accordingly.
Writers will be compensated on a per-word basis for each article produced. Depending on experience, $120 per week for two (2) 1500 – 2000 word articles is a reliable benchmark but is negotiable depending on experience.
Do you need to have nursing experience?
Yes, it is required that you have experience in the nursing or healthcare industries. However, much of the content produced will have a lifestyle emphasis and will not be medical in nature.
How to apply?
Please submit your application through the following Google form:
We move fast in our process and are motivated to fill this position quickly. Please include any experience you feel would be relevant to the restaurant niche and/or experience researching the complicated subject matter.
Please add any links or samples to work that you think would strengthen your application.