Freelance Freelance Journalists: US and World News Reporters
Location: International, Anywhere, Freelance
The Epoch Times is looking for remote-working freelance reporters from Europe and around the world to work on our overnight news team (US timezone).
The Epoch Times has become a household name in the United States in the last few years, growing rapidly online and as a printed broadsheet newspaper, confounding the long-standing industry decline.
We believe our success is rooted in our guiding values of old-school journalism, enshrined in our motto, ‘Truth and Tradition’.
To meet the growing demand from our readers for up-to-the-minute 24/7 coverage, our digital team is hiring freelance reporters to cover news in the United States and breaking news from around the world.
The role is remote working. The timing of the shift (overnight US time) makes it particularly suitable for reporters living in Eurasian time zones.
Successful candidates will have:
- A proven record of being able to produce well-written, accurate stories to deadline.
- At least 2 years of experience as a news reporter.
- A journalism qualification, or be able to prove substantial experience as a reporter.
- A solid grasp of news and current affairs in the US and globally.
- Genuine commitment to the Epoch Times guiding principles of Truth and Tradition and its core values.
- The ability to perform under tight deadlines.
- Excellent English.
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with text editing.
- Covering breaking news and writing other stories, as assigned.
- Adhering to the Journalism Code of Ethics and The Epoch Times Reporting Guidelines.
- Submitting copy to deadline via online systems.
- Working with editors on revisions as requested.
- Seeking out and contacting primary sources, including for confirmation, comment and right-of-reply.
Applications to: email@example.com
Include the following in your application:
- A copy of your resume
- A cover letter explaining why you want to work for the Epoch Times
- Names of two people willing to give references
- Three samples from your portfolio
The Epoch Times is an international media company covering 21 languages and 33 countries, with a flagship U.S. edition in print and online in English—the fastest-growing independent media outlet in America.
The Epoch Times takes the principles of Truth and Tradition as its guidance.
We highlight in our reporting the best of humanity, the valuable lessons of history, and traditions that are beneficial for society.
We are free from the influence of any government, corporation, or political party—this is what makes us different from other media organisations.
The Epoch Times was founded in the United States in the year 2000 in response to communist repression and censorship in China. Our founders, Chinese-Americans who themselves had fled communism, sought to create an independent media to bring the world uncensored and truthful information.
The Epoch Times has received numerous awards for our reporting and design, including from the New York Press Association, the Society of Professional Journalists, and the Society for News Design.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.