First Grade Content Writer
Title: First Grade Content Writer
Location: United States
Location: USA (Any part) – 100% Remote / Home Working (Must permanently live in the USA & have the right to work without restrictions to apply for this role)
Pay Rate: $15.00 USD per hour
Contract: 6 Months with an extension likely. Self-employed contractor. Responsible for own taxes. No benefits.
Hours of work: 15 hours per week
First things first! What is Twinkl? What is Twinkl’s mission?
Twinkl is here to help those who teach. It’s what brings us to work every day. We’re proud to create educational resources that can be used at each step of a child’s learning journey.
Our award-winning resource collection – created by teachers for teachers – provides unlimited supplementary digital and printable teaching resources at an unbeatable value.
We have over 800,000 resources, and new content is added every day. Don’t see what you need? Just ask! We make bespoke resources for our members as part of our world-class customer service promise to help those who teach.
We support educators and children across the United States and around the world, and we’re committed to transforming lives through education.
Whoever you are, whatever you teach, Twinkl is here for you!
Twinkl is currently looking for a USA-based First Grade Content Writer to create engaging educational resources for U.S. educators, homeschoolers, and parents. You will create innovative printable and digital teaching resources that address key standards for Grade 1. The content you write will be turned into professional Twinkl products by our highly skilled design and illustration team.
You will be part of an agile team that communicates via email, messaging, and video meetings. To fulfill this role, you will need to provide your own technology and have reliable high-speed internet access.
You will need to complete 15 hours per week, every week. The hours can be worked flexibly Monday-Sunday.
Ongoing projects/how you’ll spend your day:
- Writing standards-aligned resources for first-grade educators and their students.
- Researching educational resource trends to make sure your assigned resources will be instant hits with our millions of global members.
In this role, you will learn:
- Content creation.
- SEO optimization.
You’ll work with:
- Susie Pavolka – USA Product Manager
- Kylie Shrum – USA Production Trainer
- Content Editors, Content Writers, Designers, Illustrators
To succeed in the role, you will:
- Show a creative, innovative, and tech-driven approach to teaching and learning.
- Take pride in your excellent spelling, punctuation, and grammar skills.
- Demonstrate excellent time management, organization, and technology skills.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Certified/licensed elementary educator (state-issued certification/license must be current and in good standing)
- Experienced Grade 1 educator with a minimum of two years of recent classroom experience in a public school setting.
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting role in a fast-growing and dynamic business with plenty of career opportunities.
Here are some of the things that make Twinkl a great place to work:
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture. We believe work should be fun, and we always put people before process.
- Flexible work-from-home positions.
- Diversity, inclusion, and belonging. Our Employee Network Program includes working groups for LGBTQ, People of Color, Disabilities (visible and invisible), Women in Tech, and Working Parents.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD). Our ever-evolving program includes monthly progression reviews, Twinkl’s Management Scheme, commercial awareness training, leadership coaching quads, career chats, and mentoring.
- Collaboration across continents! You’ll plug into a global team working to help improve the lives of educators around the world.