Freelance Features Shift Writer
Features Shift Writer: Streaming TV. This is a paid freelance, remote position – that means you can work from anywhere, on your own schedule.
Screen Rant is the #1 entertainment website on the web and publishes up-to-the-minute news on blockbuster movies, TV, video games, and comic books. Our editorial team is looking for eager writers to contribute Streaming TV Features under the leadership of the Movie/TV Features Lead Editor. The selected candidates will have tremendous career growth opportunities within the organization. Please note that this role does not involve video production or script writing.
We are looking for writers with 12 years of previous online writing experience with a media outlet and a passion for the vertical you’re applying to. Please visit screenrant.com and review your familiarity with our range of topics before applying and, in your cover letter, make sure to tell us how your knowledge of entertainment content will complement Screen Rant’s coverage. We would love to welcome you to our community of cinephiles, gamers, and geeks!
- Write a minimum of 25-30 articles per week in Screen Rant’s house style (following the requisite training and peer mentorship period)
- This will include fact-checking, formatting, linking, and image sourcing/very basic editing (sizing, brightness, etc.)
- Pitch story ideas when none are readily available
- Accept and apply any/all feedback received by the editorial team
- Communicate openly and actively with the editorial team
- 12 years of online writing experience with a media outlet
- A passion for the content and a drive to grow within the industry
- Broad working knowledge of streaming TV in general
- Quick learner with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to write articles free of typos and grammatical errors
- Comfortable working in an entirely virtual environment
Applicants with experience in the following areas will be given favorable consideration:
- Understanding of what it means to write a “Feature”
- Relevant experience in writing and/or editing roles (digital publications, entertainment content)
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Image editing
- Analytics (GA)
What Screen Rant has to offer:
- Open schedule – write as much as you like, whenever you like, from wherever you like!
- Future bonusing opportunities for high contributors of quality articles
- Incredible opportunities for career growth within a supportive system
- An amazing community of like-minded people to nerd-out with on a daily basis
NOTE: Only applications containing a resume and cover letter will be considered. It is essential that you demonstrate your breadth of knowledge of streaming shows in your cover letter. You will not be considered for the role if this information is not included. Please note that the next step in the hiring process involves a writing evaluation.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
How to Apply