Manager, Executive Assistants
Coursera can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. Our interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a remote-first company.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with more than 100 million registered learners. Coursera partners with 275+ leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Coursera is looking for an experienced Manager to lead an impactful group of Executive Assistants that keep our executives well supported. This is a role that requires strong people management skills, flexibility, and attention to detail. Success in this role involves demonstrating a strong understanding of the company’s vision and values, as well as taking initiative to propose process improvements and provide proactive solutions. You will interact with all executive staff in a truly cross-functional and high-visibility role to ensure Coursera remains a leader in efficiency.
- Manage the company’s Executive Assistants to ensure exceptional service to the Executive Staff
- Overall management of company’s calendar and cadence to ensure Executive Staff has consistent visibility of milestones and deadlines
- Ensure continual process improvements in efficiency and effectiveness of the Executive Assistants team, as well as ensure that team members have access to professional growth and cross-functional training within the organization
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously and follow through on projects and processes to successful completion
- Communicate performance expectations through timely feedback and during our performance review cycles
- Lead activities without prompting, and advise in advance of issues or delays
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years in an executive administrative role supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a public, fast-paced company
- 5+ years direct experience managing and developing/coaching a team
- Demonstrated history making sound decisions and recommendations within established guidelines
- Demonstrated history of anticipating approaching challenges and establishing strategic plans for future success
- Proven experience handling confidential information with discretion, adaptability to various competing demands, and demonstrating the highest level of response to internal and external stakeholders
- Project Management experience or certification a plus
- Operations management experience
- Experience working for a publicly traded technology company
- Experience creating presentations for Executive Staff Meetings
- Experience managing people abroad
- Experience overseeing and creating cross-functional communications