Full-Time Executive Assistant Chief Executive Officer
Title: Executive Assistant Chief Executive Officer
Location: US National
Who we are:
The American Physical Society (APS) is a nonprofit membership organization working to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics through its outstanding research journals, scientific meetings, and education, outreach, advocacy, and international activities. APS represents more than 50,000 members, including physicists in academia, national laboratories, and industry in the United States and throughout the world.
As the Executive Assistant to the CEO, your primary responsibility will be to provide top-level assistance to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). You will support the operation and organization of the Executive Office, support executive-level committees and task forces, and provide support to the Chief Finance and Operations Officer (CFOO).
This position requires the utmost confidentiality and professionalism. You will be able to independently carry out assignments, exercise independent judgment, organize projects, and develop strategies to accomplish goals and tasks. Come make an impact at APS. Apply today!
APS has a remote first concept that promotes equal treatment and equal access within the United States, independent of physical work location, with a majority of staff working primarily from remote work locations. APS values diversity and welcomes candidates from a variety of backgrounds. APS offers a dynamic work environment with an outstanding total compensation package, including salary, outstanding benefits, and excellent paid time off.
- Provides administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer
- Provides administrative support to the Chief Finance and Operations Officer
- Provides administrative support to the activities and programs of the Executive Office activities
- Organizes and maintains the CEO’s calendar
- Coordinates preparation and organization of CEO meeting materials
- Prepares and designs general correspondence on behalf of the CEO, and Executive Office
- Manages departmental email mailboxes and google drive
- Manages requests for CEO approval and signature usage.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for the CEO
- Provides logistical arrangements for department meetings
- Provides administrative support to executive-level committees and task forces
- Leads an internal committee of support staff to coordinate senior staff activities and schedules
- Identifies and balances competing priorities, utilizing independent judgment.
- Backs up the Manager of the Executive Office in their absence.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years of administrative experience supporting senior executives.
- Dependable, accurate and conscientious in work habits.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with staff and volunteer leaders.
- Expert knowledge of Google products, Microsoft office suite, and Zoom video conferencing.
- Strong organization, documentation, and prioritization skills; project management experience preferred.
- Ability to multitask.
- Demonstrates effective time management and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude and is a self-starter.
- Excellent attention to detail; skilled at proofreading/copy editing.
- Creative contributor; solutions oriented.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing schedules.
- Ability to work well with interdepartmental teams.
- Ability to operate independently.
- Ability to identify and balance competing priorities.
- Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- Ability to act as a gatekeeper and escalate relevant information to executives as needed.
Travel: The position will require some business travel to attend meetings and events as directed by supervisor.
As noted above, APS offers a Remote First workplace. Although our Editorial Offices are located on Long Island, you can work from other places in the United States. We are flexible about work hours, but expect responsiveness during the core of the workday, Eastern Time.
Amazing 2023 Benefit Offerings:
- Flexible schedules and ability to work remotely
- 8% employer-paid retirement contribution
- Investment advisement services: 100% employer paid
- Medical benefits: PPO or HDHP option
- Employer contribution to FSA or HSA account, eligibility based on medical plan enrollment
- Lifestyle Spending benefit up to $2000.00 (USD) – 100% employer paid
- Dental benefits: individual coverage 100% employer paid
- Vision benefits: individual and dependent coverage 100% employer paid
- Basic Life & Accident insurance: employee coverage 100% employer paid
- Supplemental Life & Accident insurance, including spouse & dependent child(ren) coverage
- Disability insurance: employee coverage 100% employer paid
- Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness insurance
- Healthcare, Commuter & Dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Vacation: 15 days annually
- Generous holiday leave: 17 paid days of significance; includes one week closure at the end of December
- Personal leave: 4 days annually
- Volunteer leave: 1 day annually
- Sick leave: 10 days annually
- Bereavement & Compassion leave: 2 -15 days based on loss
- 12 weeks employer-paid family leave
- College tuition reimbursement plan
- Job related seminar & continuing education
- Professional Certification/Recertification 100% employer paid
- Training and professional development; access to LinkedIn Learning on-demand courses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mindfulness Meditation: live and on-demand classes
- APS does not offer relocation assistance/costs
62 total views, 1 today