Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant to the CEO provides executive and administrative support, acts as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO, serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team, organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts, and oversees special projects.
This is a demanding role that requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, research skills, sound judgment, and the ability to prioritize and work independently. The ideal incumbent will be comfortable operating in a high visibility/ pressure environment and be able to work productively with strong personalities. The right candidate will have well developed critical thinking skills, a concierge mentality, and the ability to act proactively and strategically. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is imperative.
Ideally, candidates will live in the New York City metro area.
What you’ll do:
- Assists the CEO with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that include proactively managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, agendas, and compiling documents for meetings.
- Makes recommendations and suggestions to elevate and capitalize on opportunities that are not explicitly identified.
- Monitor and respond to executive correspondence and inquiries, providing support with their resolution and/or directing them to appropriate resources/personnel.
- Coordinates meetings and strategic activities with the Leadership Team, Management Teams, and miscellaneous events. This includes coordinating logistics and taking a more hands-on approach in planning and organizing large scale events.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members and others on matters related to programmatic initiatives as directed.
- Prepares and coordinates oral and written communications. This includes high quality documents and presentations as needed.
- Supports CEO external commitments, including service on external boards, committees and other groups.
- Supports the Phreesia Executive Leadership Team as needed to schedule meetings with the CEO. Provides executive support and coordination for recurring operating meetings involving the CEO.
- Assists CEO with private/personal business administrative tasks as required.
- Manages Board activities, including coordinating Board meetings; arranging hotel accommodations for Board members; processing travel reimbursement requests; and compiling, assembling & distributing meeting materials.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in administrative support or project management.
- 10+ years of relevant support experience with 6-8 years of experience providing support for Executive-level Management.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft O365 suite of applications. Strong experience with scheduling, expenses, and presentations.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn and synthesize new information.
- Ability to have a flexible work schedule that allows the ability to handle ad-hoc requests during off-hours as required.
- Highly organized with a critical eye for detail.
- Proven experience in working within a highly confidential role. Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions.
Top-rated Employee Benefits:
- 100% Remote work + home office expense reimbursements
- Competitive compensation + equity grants for all employees
- Unlimited PTO + 8 company holidays
- Monthly allowance for cell phone + internet + wellness
- 100% Paid 12-week parental leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous parental benefit to our employees in Canada
- Variety of insurance coverage for people (and pets!)
- Continuing education and professional certification reimbursement