Title: Executive Assistant
GovCIO is a team of transformers–people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation that improves governmental operations each day.
But we can’t do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We’re changing the face of I.T. – from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we’re excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
GovCIO is seeking a transformational results-driven Executive Assistant to serve as a trusted advisor to Veterans Affairs (VA) Technology Incubation Services (TIS) contract under Office of Information Technology (OI&T) leaders and key stakeholders with a focus on business outcomes. TIS covers various IT and health IT support services including program planning, communications delivery, and maintenance support. The Executive Assistant will provide high-level support requiring broad and comprehensive experience interacting with senior leadership, including skill and knowledge of corporate and federal communications, and VA organization policies.
Performs normal office functions such as setting up and maintaining files; interviewing callers and making proper referrals; arranging meetings and conferences; and receiving, referring, or answering mail. Reviews drafts and finished documents for appropriate grammatical usage; answers questions relating to office operations and established policies and procedures. Gathers, compiles and reports on information relevant to supervisor’s assignment. Works independently on special assignments related to corporate affairs. Ensures that issues that need immediate attention are made aware. Maintains smooth operation of office operations.
- Answer telephone calls on behalf of executives in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain executive schedule for meetings, travel arrangements, and appointments
- Responsible for proper handling of sensitive information regarding executive and business matters
- Ensures adequate supplies for the office and maintains accurate and updated inventories
- Coordinates small internal events and responsible for attendee management, catering services, and venue
- Manage and organize the correspondence and online calendar for the Chief Technology Officer using Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Slack, and associated tools; accept/decline meeting invitations and resolve scheduling conflicts
- Schedule meetings on behalf of the Chief Technology Officer by coordinating with meeting stakeholders and identifying meeting times that all participants can attend
- Prepare meeting agendas and materials, facilitate meetings, capture meeting outcomes, and track action items to completion
- Organize, summarize, and prioritize the day to-day schedule for the Chief Technology Officer – recommend which meetings they need to attend or can skip
- Develop and maintain a system for tracking priority tasks and actions assigned to the Chief Technology Officer, including a method to communicate to him throughout the workday to keep them on task and on schedule
- Attend meetings on the Chief Technology Officer’s behalf and report back on outcomes and objectives
- Documenting meeting notes, correspondence, action items, spreadsheets and other reports as needed
- Arrange and coordinate online and in-person meetings and conferences
- Perform quality reviews on work products and communication items that the Chief Technology Officer creates or needs to approve
- Monitor, organize and prioritize Chief Technology Officer’s email inbox to streamline correspondence
- Assist with miscellaneous complex administrative tasks email distribution lists, time, and expense reports
- Coordinate travel needs – Schedule hotel, flight, car rentals and prepares itineraries and estimated expenses reports. Assists with gathering travel related documentation and ensures the travel needs are met within the constraints of government travel budget
Associate’s with 8+ years (or commensurate experience)
Required Skills and Experience
- 5 years of related experience in communications, planning and leadership support
- 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Ability to obtain VA clearance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated excellent skills working in MS Word and MS Excel, building PowerPoint decks, and proficiency with Adobe Acrobat, MS Teams, Slack, SharePoint, and Visio
- Meticulous organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently in an extremely demanding environment
- Experienced with Agile, DevSecOps, Scrum and PMBOK best practices a plus
- Critical and analytical thinking abilities with great attention to detail
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline is required
- Familiarity with JIRA, GitHub, and Confluence a plus
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships with other teams and external stakeholders
- Be flexible to change in direction at a moment’s notice while also tracking/executing tasks in progress
- Ability to think “outside of the box” while communicating or dealing with a variety of situations
- Possess a clear understanding of the activities, roles, and responsibilities on large-scale IT projects
- Previous Department of Veterans Affairs experience preferred
COVID/Equal Opportunity Employer
COVID Policy: New employees will be required to adhere to the Company’s and its clients’ COVID-19 safety procedures. In the event that the COVID-19 vaccination mandate for Federal Contractors is enforced, you must become fully vaccinated or request and be approved for an exemption. Employees working onsite at a client location must comply with our client’s COVID-19 requirements.
GovCIO is a team of professionals who want to make a difference. And that can only happen with a diverse, happy, and cared-for team. So, we prioritize your well-being, equity for all and look for ways to make work a better place for each of us every day.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability status. EOE AA M/ F/Vet/Disabled
Compensation Range (In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act for remote or positions located in CO)
$95,000 – $105,000