Full-Time Executive Assistant ($60k)
Our mission is to make biology easier to engineer. Ginkgo is constructing, editing, and redesigning the living world in order to answer the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, materials, and more. Our bioengineers make use of an in-house automated foundry for designing and building new organisms.
Ginkgo Bioworks is a publicly traded (NYSE: $DNA), high-growth biotechnology company based in Boston’s Seaport District, that is redesigning the living world to solve some of the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, material, and more. Our mission to “make biology easier to engineer” is poised to disrupt multiple industries by leveraging our innovative data, automation, and scale capabilities in biological engineering.
Ginkgo believes that if we are to grow a thriving, sustainable bioeconomy, we must also grow a new market in biosecurity. Our biosecurity and public health initiative, Concentric by Ginkgo, launched a nationwide emergency response to the COVID-19 pandemic, providing end-to-end pathogen monitoring services to schools, communities, and travelers. As we continue to scale Concentric, our work is also evolving into new and exciting directions, from global expansion to the integration of new technologies and capabilities, including our Traveler-Based Genomic Surveillance Plan with the CDC.
The Concentric team is looking for an Executive Assistant to work in our fast paced, exciting environment supporting our General Manager. We need someone who is well seasoned, dynamic, with extensive knowledge and experience working with high level executives who have complex scheduling needs. Ideally, this person has also managed a team, as they will be supporting several administrative assistants across the organization. The ideal candidate is a skilled multi-tasker and eloquent communicator who is comfortable working in an ambiguous environment where they will need to manage multiple priorities. In addition, we are looking for someone who is passionate about what we do (regardless of background). We will often need this person to greet / represent the Concentric team to high level government officials or executives at our headquarters in Boston.
- Schedule meetings and conference / Zoom calls: Oversee list of attendees and requisite correspondence, maintain meeting agendas, and manage logistics such as conference room bookings, phone/video conferencing technology, and meals (as necessary).
- Maintain the General Manager’s complex calendar: Calendar “gymnastics” at its finest. Ensure all details are up to date; anticipate conflicts, resolve scheduling issues, and prioritize items based on their needs. Some coordination with personal calendaring will also be required.
- Anticipate executives’ needs: Be extremely knowledgeable of individual preferences and expectations, and work proactively to prevent problems before they develop
- Prepare background research and materials such as background notes, handouts, and presentations for meetings and conferences.
- Coordinate and plan various events and onsite meetings: Gather and assemble slides from necessary team members, coordinate meeting space and A/V equipment, work with caterers to supply food.
- Other Administrative Tasks: Process expense reports, reimbursements, and timesheets.
- High School Diploma with at least 15+ years of experience or Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience
- Prior experience supporting C suite leveled employees
Preferred Capabilities and Experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional ability to ruthlessly prioritize and have a bias for action
- Exceptionally organized with keen attention to detail
- Prior experience managing direct reports
- Ability to communicate and work well with a wide range of team members and their respective work styles, and a genuine enjoyment of relationship-building
Total compensation for this role is market driven, with a starting salary of $60k+, as well as company stock awards. Base pay is ultimately determined based on a candidate’s skills, expertise, and experience. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision coverage, health spending accounts, voluntary benefits, leave of absence policies, Employee Assistance Program, 401(k) program with employer contribution, 8 paid holidays in addition to a full-week winter shutdown and unlimited Paid Time Off policy.
To learn more about Ginkgo, visit www.ginkgobioworks.com/press/ or check out some curated press below:
- What is it really like to take your company public via a SPAC? One Boston biotech shares its journey (Fortune)
- Ginkgo Bioworks resizes the definition of going big in biotech, raising $2.5B in a record SPAC deal that weighs in with a whopping $15B-plus valuation (Endpoints News)
- Ginkgo Bioworks CEO on scaling up Covid-19 testing: ‘If we try, we can win’ (CNBC)
- Ginkgo raises $70 million to ramp up COVID-19 testing for employers, universities (Boston Globe)
- Ginkgo Bioworks Redirects Its Biotech Platform to Coronavirus (Wall Street Journal)
- Ginkgo Bioworks Provides Support on Process Optimization to Moderna for COVID-19 Response (PRNewswire)
- The Life Factory: Synthetic Organisms From This $1.4 Billion Startup Will Revolutionize Manufacturing (Forbes)
- Synthetic Bio Pioneer Ginkgo Raises $290 Million in New Funding (Bloomberg)
- Ginkgo Bioworks raises $350 million fund for biotech spinouts (Reuters)
- Can This Company Convince You to Love GMOs? (The Atlantic)
We also feel that it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry, and that needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. Ginkgo is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. Our culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with people from all walks of life.
We’re developing a powerful biological engineering platform, so we must remain mindful of the many ways our technology can – and will – impact people around the world. We care about how our platform is used, and having a diverse team to build it gives us the best chance that it’s something we’ll be proud of as it continues to grow. Therefore, it’s critical that we incorporate the diverse voices and visions of all those who play a role in the future of biology.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees, employment applicants, and EOE disability/vet.