Title: Executive Assistant, Product
Location: Remote – US
GitHub is changing the way people build software together. We’re growing fast and looking for an experienced Executive Assistant with excellent communication skills to support our VP of Product.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for handling key processes, supporting the critical needs of the business, especially surrounding project management and product functions. You should be detail-oriented, organized, punctual, and comfortable working in highly fast-paced environments. You’ll be entrusted with highly sensitive information on a regular basis relating to headcount activity, financial plans, and strategic partnerships. Being active and able to make decisions with minimal guidance or communication is crucial in this role. We’re looking for an individual who sees problems as puzzles to solve and is resourceful in their ingredients to the solution.
You may also provide light support to other key leaders within the organization as needed. This role is based remotely within the United States and reports to the Business Manager within the Product Org.
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, for both international and domestic, as well as itineraries and agendas
- Provide administrative support to the VP of Product, including calendar, and expense management in a timely manner
- Anticipate the needs of a busy team and help them be more productive and successful
- Help to organize training activities and on-boarding sessions for new leaders coming into the business, working in partnership with Product Operations and the Business Manager
- Project manage key initiatives, such as OKRs and headcount planning
- Proactively resolve time-sensitive issues, demonstrating excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Schedule meetings, mini-summits and annual meetings to drive deal flow and team collaboration both internally and externally
- Assist with presentations, internal communications, and media communications
- Manage meeting agendas, notes and minutes, and follow-up items
- Be a liaison and build positive working relationships with Product Leadership and other cross functional stakeholders, including finance, communications, HR, and IT
- Handle confidential information professionally
- At least 5 years of experience as an executive assistant in a dynamic global environment
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, such as GitHub or project management software
- Proficient in Google Apps, particularly Google Calendar, and Google Docs
- Proficient in communication technologies including Zoom, Slack, and Microsoft Teams
- Strong attention to detail when handling priorities, projects, and deadlines
- Skilled in multitasking across various stakeholder needs
- Skilled with creative, critical thinking, solving ambiguous problems, and project management
- Ability to anticipate and prioritize needs
- Ability to build positive working relationships with key leaders and stakeholders
- Flexible when it comes to responsiveness and adaptive to an ever-changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels and departments within the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience scheduling across multiple time zones
- 5+ years of executive administration experience.
- Experience working in technical environments.
- Experience working in a global business for a global leader.
- Confidence in leading meetings or managing projects with senior level personnel.
- Proficient in office technologies, such as Excel, Google Sheets, PowerPoint, Keynote.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $58,000 to maximum $96,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together as individuals and in teams to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.