Executive Assistant, Operations
Remote (United States or Canada)
Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the largest provider of educational support, supporting millions of students through partnerships with thousands of school districts. Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers. Founded in 2014, Paper philosophically believes that all students should be given the tools and resources to reach their academic potential, independent of socio-economic status, geography, language or other barriers. We are headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with remote employees across the US and Canada. Paper is proud to have been named by GSV as one of the most transformational growth companies in digital learning.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations, the Executive Assistant will support one or more members of Paper’s leadership team from an administrative perspective.
This position can be located in any geography in the US or Canada. Working hours will be most aligned with Mountain Time.
- Supports an executive managing a four-figure workforce.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; ensuring submission of expense receipts are completed in a timely manner; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures that schedules are followed and respected. Provide a “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the executives being supported.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the executives being supported, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature; determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda and travel logistics of senior management team meetings and off-sites.
- Keeps a pulse on everything that’s happening in the department, and throughout the company – an extra set of eyes and ears for the executive. Exercises discretion with all matters.
- 3+ years experience in administrative support.
- Strong proficiency in email and calendar applications.
- Exceptional organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, clients, and team members.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Comfort with working in large, remote teams.
- Work with a dynamic team that provides support whenever you get stuck.
- Remote first environment.
- Annual company-wide meetups.
- Opportunity for career development with a fast-growing company.
- A unique opportunity to make an impact by making education more equitable.
- Stipend to help support the growth of your home office.
- 24/7 access to Paper for family members K-12.
Paper offers an exciting, dynamic, inclusive work environment putting excellence at the center of everything we do. Our mission is woven into the fabric of our culture, challenging our team to build meaningful and creative solutions.
We thrive when we collaborate with each other, and use integrity and selflessness to align our business decisions with our mission. We approach every challenge with positivity, achieving the outcome we want regardless of what gets in the way. Our tenacity propels our hyper-growth, where trust is key and we all strive to make an impact every day.
We believe that diverse teams build better products. Paper does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Nobody checks every box, but the Paper team is built by passionate and innovative people who share our mission for democratizing education. If you don’t think you meet all of the requirements above but are still interested in the job, please apply.
PS. Equity is our mission! We make sure to treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our job board – our amazing talent team will reach out! Our team isn’t able to pass on any calls/ emails our way – and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone.