Full-Time Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant Job
at The AI Education Project
The AI Education Project (aiEDU) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that creates equitable educational experiences that excite and empower learners everywhere with AI literacy. We educate students—especially those disproportionately impacted by artificial intelligence and automation—with the conceptual knowledge and skills they need to thrive as future workers, creators, consumers, and citizens.
About the Role
We’re seeking an Executive Assistant to join our team and provide invaluable support to our CEO. In this role, you will be the key point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO. You will report directly to the CEO and you will manage the CEO’s calendar, coordinate travel arrangements, handle correspondence, and oversee special projects. You will play a critical role in ensuring seamless communication, enabling the successful execution of strategic initiatives, and maintaining a high level of efficiency within the organization.
Your responsibilities will include working on projects like:
Executive Support – 70%
- Manage the CEO’s calendar, appointments, and travel arrangements.
- Handle expense management for the CEO, including tracking reimbursements and receipts, and ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Organize and coordinate meetings, conferences, and events on behalf of the CEO, ensuring seamless logistics and timely communication.
- Proactively anticipate the CEO’s needs and prepare materials, briefings, and presentations for meetings and engagements.
- Conduct research and gather information on various topics to support the CEO’s decision-making processes.
- Monitor and screen incoming communications, including emails and phone calls, and handle them with professionalism and discretion.
- Facilitate effective communication and collaboration between the CEO and internal departments, ensuring that key information flows smoothly and efficiently.
- Assist the CEO in managing relationships with external stakeholders, such as clients, partners, and board members, fostering strong connections and representing the CEO’s interests.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure cohesive support and coordination across the organization.
Communications and Strategic Initiatives – 20%
- Coordinate and facilitate the CEO’s outreach activities to stakeholders and partners, ensuring timely and effective communication.
- Proactively follow up on contacts made by the CEO, nurturing relationships and fostering ongoing engagement.
- Edit and create letters, memos, presentations, and other communications from the CEO’s office, ensuring accuracy, clarity, and alignment with the organization’s messaging and branding.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of sessions for ongoing programs and projects, collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure smooth execution and achievement of strategic objectives.
- Support the CEO in conducting research, gathering data, and analyzing information to inform strategic decision-making and support the development of key initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop and execute communication strategies, ensuring consistent and impactful messaging across various channels.
- Monitor industry trends, news, and developments to keep the CEO informed and identify opportunities for strategic partnerships and initiatives.
- Coordinate the CEO’s participation in conferences, speaking engagements, and other external events, managing logistics, materials, and follow-up actions.
Adhoc projects – 10%
- Provide support to the CEO in media writing, including drafting and editing various materials such as blog posts, op-eds, press releases, and social media content, ensuring consistency and alignment with the organization’s voice and messaging.
- Perform due diligence for contacts or projects involving the CEO, conducting thorough research, collecting and analyzing data, and preparing comprehensive reports and recommendations.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and materials for meetings, conferences, and other engagements, ensuring accuracy, relevance, and visual appeal.
- Collaborate with internal teams to support the implementation of special projects, providing research, data analysis, and coordination assistance as needed.
- Stay updated on emerging trends, best practices, and technological advancements relevant to the organization’s industry, sharing insights and recommendations with the CEO to support informed decision-making.
- Handle anything else that needs to get done — it’s impossible to anticipate everything we might need, so you’ll often take on special projects and ad hoc tasks as they arise.
You might be a great match for this role if you:
- Have at least 7 years of executive support experience, ideally gained in a non-profit organization.
- Are known for your exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail; you manage calendars, handle correspondence, and coordinate complex travel arrangements with ease.
- Are a relationship-builder: you have exceptional interpersonal skills and an innate ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders, staff members, and partners; you excel in creating meaningful connections and fostering collaboration.
- Are a master communicator: you have outstanding written and verbal communication skills; you adeptly convey information, ensuring clarity and understanding across all channels.
- Are a proactive problem solver: you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are adept at proactively identifying and solving problems; your ability to make quick, informed decisions enables you to easily navigate challenges.
- Handle confidential information with the utmost discretion, recognizing the importance of maintaining confidentiality and ensuring data privacy.
- Are a deadline-driven dynamo: working under pressure is no problem for you; you have the ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and deliver high-quality results even in demanding situations.
- Possess a forward-thinking mindset: you are always on the lookout for opportunities and solutions; your innovative approach helps drive continuous improvement and success.
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- Have knowledge of the AI and education landscape (preferred).
- Are proficient in using generative AI tools, such as ChatGPT, DALL-E, Midjourney, etc. (preferred).
Please note that there is no such thing as a “perfect” candidate. If you are on the fence about applying because you are unsure whether you are qualified, we would strongly encourage you to apply. Share your relevant experiences in a thoughtful cover letter!
Role details and benefits
- Location: This full-time, exempt position can be done on a flexible schedule remotely from anywhere in the U.S. with access to high speed internet. We are not able to sponsor visas for this role, and therefore require candidates to have current US work authorization.
- Compensation: The baseline compensation for this role is $90,000 per year.
- Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including full health, dental, and vision for you and any dependents, plus life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, flexible work hours and location, flexible paid time off, paid parental leave, a generous annual stipend for home office expenses and professional development, and a 401k match of 4% vested immediately. For more details regarding our benefits, visit: aiedu.org/careers
- Start date: We’d like a candidate to start as soon as possible after receiving an offer, though there is some flexibility.
- Travel: We anticipate the need for overnight travel in this position up to 20%.
Our initial application deadline is June 9, 2023, at which point we will begin reviewing submissions. We will still accept applications after this deadline, and will keep applications open until the role has been filled; however, applying after the initial deadline may significantly reduce your chances of being hired compared to candidates who are further through the selection process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The AI Education Project is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that building and empowering a diverse team is a strategic imperative in our work, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
57 total views, 1 today