Location: Home based – Americas, EMEA
The role of an Executive Assistant at Canonical
We are a remote-first British tech company and are growing our team of Executive Assistants, who play a crucial role in the overall operation of the business and are the secret to our success! The Executive Assistant team run significant business operations and processes, supporting their respective leads but also taking central responsibility for logistics, expenses, travel and recruitment interview scheduling.
We look for positive team players who are self-driven and results oriented, with excellent attention to detail. The best candidates can show that they are natural forward planners, are reliable and determined, and keen to assume responsibility for projects and processes. We are a unique global business, so we are not looking for candidates with extensive experience so much as excellent organisers and communicators who are keen to develop new skills and strive for continuous improvement.
Location: this is a Globally remote role based in EMEA and AMER regions
What your day will look like
- Support one or more leads and their team(s)
- Schedule meetings and coordinate monthly reports
- Organise and run international team events including logistics
- Manage quarterly and annual executive meetings
- Work with HR, Finance, and Legal as needed
- Collaborate on cross team activities
- Manage suppliers and stakeholders
- Establish workflows and processes
What we are looking for in you
- Experience in operations and executive support
- Excellent communication skills
- Project and event management
- Willingness to travel up to 4 times a year for internal events
- IT skills including the entire G-suite (Gmail, Google docs and sheets etc.), ability to pick up new technology and software quickly.
What we offer you
Your base pay will depend on various factors including your geographical location, level of experience, knowledge and skills. In addition to the benefits above, certain roles are also eligible for additional benefits and rewards including annual bonuses and sales incentives based on revenue or utilisation. Our compensation philosophy is to ensure equity right across our global workforce.
In addition to a competitive base pay, we provide all team members with additional benefits, which reflect our values and ideals. Please note that additional benefits may apply depending on the work location and, for more information on these, please ask your Talent Partner.
- Fully remote working environment – we’ve been working remotely since 2004!
- Personal learning and development budget of 2,000USD per annum
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual holiday leave
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunity to travel to new locations to meet colleagues at sprints’
- Priority Pass for travel and travel upgrades for long haul company events
Canonical is a pioneering tech firm that is at the forefront of the global move to open source. As the company that publishes Ubuntu, one of the most important open source projects and the platform for AI, IoT and the cloud, we are changing the world on a daily basis. We recruit on a global basis and set a very high standard for people joining the company. We expect excellence – in order to succeed, we need to be the best at what we do.
Canonical has been a remote-first company since its inception in 2004. Work at Canonical is a step into the future, and will challenge you to think differently, work smarter, learn new skills, and raise your game. Canonical provides a unique window into the world of 21st-century digital business.
Canonical is an equal opportunity employer
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity, we will give your application fair consideration.