Full-Time Executive Assistant
Varsity Tutors, a Nerdy company, is seeking a talented and passionate full-time Executive Assistant to join our team and provide full executive and administrative support to our executive team. This role is responsible for increasing the efficiency of our executives by reviewing, prioritizing and delegating a wide variety of complex and confidential requests. The ideal candidate will be able to self-manage and work professionally across all levels of the business
The person in this role will have high levels of responsibility and access and serve as a sounding board to our executives and those who work closely with them. Above all else, organization, work ethic, exemplary oral and written communication skills, ability to multi-task and judgment are key. An executive assistant is a quick study, a fast thinker, a strong writer, a self-starter, and a problem-solver who thrives in a dynamic environment and is always thinking five steps ahead.
This role requires a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, as well as professionalism in dealing with senior executives and investors. The individual in this role will coordinate meeting times, arrange travel and accommodations, and proactively anticipate needs in order to maximize our executive team’s productivity and ability to lead the company and fulfill its mission of helping people learn. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and a creative problem solver that identifies solutions to increase productivity and provide a high amount of leverage to the executive team.
- Enables the executive team to focus on the company mission of helping people learn by proactive engagement and management of business and personal administrative responsibilities ensuring maximum productivity.
- Evaluates non-standard problems and uses judgment to develop appropriate solutions or procedures. Applies discretion to triage and manage complex, sensitive situations resulting from a wide range of requests, questions and problems directed toward the assigned office, executive(s) and/or team. Operates effectively with a significant degree of time management and work method/approach latitude. Exercises autonomy in anticipating a diverse range of highly complex issues and troubleshooting these issues as they arise.
- Maintains a broad knowledge and understanding of the company’s operations, business objectives and enterprise relationships.
- Handle confidential information discreetly
- Monitor critical issues for the executive and escalate as appropriate
- Manage calendars and schedules and coordinate all meetings and appointments
- Assist with administrative and research projects
- Book travel and lodging arrangements
- Organize corporate functions and off-site events
- Assorted other activities related to providing support to other executives
- 5+ years of executive assistant, project management, travel coordination, or similar experience required
- Extremely proactive and self-driven, with the ability to anticipate needs and find solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional level of attention to detail and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and sound judgment capabilities
- Technically savvy and capable of being productive using a variety of different software programs including Microsoft products, Google products, Apple products, and other systems used by the company
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments while maintaining commitment to deadlines
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with a team oriented philosophy
- A no task too big or small attitude
- Ability to embrace change at a moment’s notice, shifting priorities instantly and easily and can manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
Varsity Tutors Leadership Principles:
Relentless Focus on Customers * Comfort with Ambiguity * Ownership * Simplify * Intellectual Curiosity * Build Teams * Think Big * Insist on High Standards * Bias for Action * Build Trust * Go Deep * Have Conviction * Deliver Results * Are Right, a Lot
- Hybrid work environment (in-office and remote)
- Competitive Salary plus Equity in the company
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Matching Plan
- FlexPTO and Company Holidays
- Maternity, Paternal, and Adoption Leave
- Free Learning Membership for you and your household (1-1 tutoring hours, unlimited use of on-demand services, and access to our online classes)
- Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform how the world learns
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback-rich culture
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. (INDHP)