Full-Time Executive Assistant
We’re looking for a
This role is Remote
We are seeking a dynamic, remote Executive Assistant to support two of our C-Suite Leaders. The ideal candidate will have a strong administrative background, the ability to coordinate multiple competing priorities, and a polished, professional and positive attitude. This role will also lead the organization and coordination of related projects with our other Executive Assistants across the business.
Objectives of this Role
- With a primary responsibility of supporting the C-Suite Leaders, provide support to the executive team as directed to ensure that company goals and objectives are accomplished, and operations run efficiently
- Manage professional and personal scheduling for the C-Suite Leaders, including agendas, mail, email, calls, travel arrangements, customer management, and other company logistics
- Plan and orchestrate work to ensure the senior executives’ priorities are met, organizational goals are achieved, and best practices are upheld
In this role you will
- Coordinate complex scheduling and extensive calendar management, as well as management of content and flow of information to senior executives
- Manage, coordinate, and arrange senior executives’ travel and travel-related activities, including hotel booking, transportation, and meal coordination
- Preparing detailed travel and expense reports, reconcile corporate card accounts, and follow through/follow-up on report
- Partner with Communication teams to support company messaging while liaising with internal and external executives on various projects and tasks creating ad-hoc reports and presentations on an as-needed basis
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials, and exercise discretion when interfacing with the business
- Interface with employees, vendors and clientele of all levels for Executive-led meetings and, as requested, for board meetings and team offsites
- Prepare and distribute agenda in advance
- Arrange staff meeting including facilities, connection tools, and action minutes
You have what it takes if you have
- 5 + years executive level administrative support experience, C-level preferred
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college or equivalent work experience
- Experience overseeing budgets and expenses
- Experience developing internal processes and organizational systems
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects at once
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other office productivity tools, with aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge
- Ability to keep company confidences
- Exceptional writing and grammar skills
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Consideration for privacy and security obligations
Extra dose of awesome if you have
- Experience supporting C-level
- Advanced PowerPoint skills and Media/production know-how
At Cornerstone, our transparent total rewards program is based on three core tenets: equitable pay, market dynamic research, and skill-based appraisal.
The base salary range for this position is: $62200 – $99500 USD
In addition to competitive base pay, the compensation package for this role may include other incentives like bonus or commission, along with a generous benefits package. Additional base pay may be available if you reside in a high-cost metro area (New York City or San Francisco Bay Area).
This range reflects the minimum and maximum salary for this position. Where an individual’s pay falls within the range is determined by factors including, but not limited to, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people ask what our team is about, we point to our core values: champion customer success, bring our best, achieve together, get stuff done, and innovate every day. We’re always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal and we are seeking diversity in the people who join our team. We want to make sure that our company reflects the demographic of our customers, clients, and the communities in which we operate. So if you want to work for a friendly, global, inclusive and innovative company, we’d love to meet you!
What We Do:
Cornerstone is a premier people development company. We believe people can achieve anything when they have the right development and growth opportunities. We offer organizations the technology, content, expertise and specialized focus to help them realize the potential of their people. Featuring comprehensive recruiting, personalized learning, modern training content, development-driven performance management and holistic employee data management and insights, Cornerstone’s people development solutions are successfully used by more than 100 million+ people in 180+ countries and in nearly 50 languages.
Cornerstone takes special care to ensure the security and privacy of the data of its users.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.