Full-Time Executive Assistant
Title: Executive Assistant – Information Technology
Location: US National
REMOTE – UNITED STATES
Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B and hepatitis D viruses, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our mission. We are committed to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results. We are proud to have been ranked the fastest-growing company in North America on the 2022 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™.
Vir Biotechnology (Vir), a San Francisco company with a bold mission to end infectious disease, is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant for our amazing team! The most incredible opportunity awaits you if you have C-level support experience in Information Technology! You will report to the SVP, CIO. This role is open to remote employees.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- You are a logistical expert and master of calendar Tetris who will schedule meetings and get our leaders to activities on time
- Provide administrative support for IT purchasing and tracking activities including procurement and legal processes, license tracking and renewals, asset tracking, and access management
- Provide administrative support to the CIO and IT leadership team members; keep them well informed and well prepared for upcoming commitments and responsibilities
- Prioritize conflicting needs and competing demands, to include the management of several very active calendars
- Coordinate both domestic and worldwide travel plans including expense reporting and reimbursement and reviewing and obtaining travel visas
- Collaborate with other parties including IT vendors to coordinate calendars, requests, and events
- Represent IT as a function within the Executive Administrator community including evaluating IT related issues from other Admins and working with the helpdesk team to resolve
- Be an ambassador for using information technology and best practices within the Executive Administrator community
- Create impactful relationships with peers and positively influence their productivity through use of information technology
- As part of the IT Leadership Team, play a role in the high performance of the team through management of agenda, meetings and events that support IT Strategy
- Support employee engagement and promote a positive workplace culture
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 8+ years of experience supporting a large team and C Suite Executives
- B.S. / B.A. degree
- Previous pharma/biotech industry experience
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Committed to job and team; available after hours and on weekends by e-mail and phone, as needed.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Able to travel occasionally to support team events
Vir’s compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person’s experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!