Executive Assistant, Growth
at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
As an Executive Assistant at Cityblock, you’ll be challenged in a varied, fast-paced role. We’re seeking a detail-oriented, customer-service minded, and meticulous operator to lead logistics and schedules for several leadership team members. The ideal candidate is comfortable with heavy calendar management including high-volume meeting arrangement, extremely organized, adaptable, and responsive. Over-communication and proactive thinking is an asset in this role, along with a keen perception of people and situations. As our Executive Assistant, you’ll build strong relationships quickly, both internal and external to the company. You want to work for a company that is mission-driven, and centered around the individuals served.
In this role, you will:
- Proactively manage calendars, anticipate and resolve any scheduling conflicts or overlaps at the drop of a hat
- Handle confidential documents with discretion; facilitate and manage key documents across multiple workspaces that are crucial to our daily operations and contracting
- Draft, edit and organize presentations on behalf of executive(s) as needed
- Assist with hiring process and onboarding of your executives’ team members, including organizing onboarding documents and introductory meetings
- Compile and prepare materials and agendas for team meetings. Keep track of meeting notes and action items for Executives
- Plan and coordinate logistics for executives’ team events including: holiday parties, social events, leadership offsites, and celebrating milestone events.
- Run all travel arrangements for executives as the need arises, and coordinate related logistics (air travel, rental car, hotels)
- Reconcile receipts and execute expenses reports on behalf of Executives
- Conduct research projects across across a variety of topics, as assigned
- Build strong rapport with our leadership team, Executive suite, and Executive Assistant team developing a sharp sense of timing and priorities
- Provide Executives with relevant cross-functional updates by keeping an ear to the group and working with other EA’s
Requirements for the Role:
- 4+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years of experience supporting executives in an EA capacity, or equivalent
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
How to Apply
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company’s equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave. The expected salary range for this position is $51,800 to $90,300. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, skillset, and geographic location.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update – Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
The COVID-19 pandemic has severely impacted the health and lives of people around the world, including the vulnerable populations Cityblock serves. As a healthcare provider, Cityblock holds ourselves to the highest standards when promoting the health and safety of those who we serve. Given that the COVID-19 vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight this disease and save lives, Cityblock is implementing a COVID-19 booster mandate for Washington, D.C. employees under the guidance of local/state mandates.