Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Boston – remote first in US
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 44+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.7+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of value, Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As an Executive Assistant at Circle, you’ll provide direct day-to-day support to multiple C-Suite executives with heavy calendar management, administrative support, and ad hoc project management/event planning. To find success in this role, you will work through tasks quickly and attentively, effectively multi-task while juggling high priority requests, and handle confidential information professionally and discreetly. Being a highly intuitive and dependable partner with the ability to anticipate and proactively address needs with minimal direction is crucial to allow your executives to focus on business critical matters as the company grows at a rapid pace. Your ability to figure things out quickly is necessary to be successful in this role.
What you’ll work on:
- Effectively and proactively managing executive calendars – including heavy management of constantly changing calendars with shifting priorities, setting up conference/video calls, town halls, events, etc.
- Acting as liaison for executives and their teams by understanding priorities and roles within the company as well as external facing communications.
- Coordinating heavily with the Administration team for management meetings, back up support, and travel, when applicable.
- Assisting with ad hoc projects, communications, email management, and/or meeting materials (such as presentations, spreadsheets and documents) as requested.
- Coordinating complex international and domestic travel logistics for individuals and groups; including standard forms of transportation, hotel, dining, etc. Experience with passports and visas is a plus.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder – you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful – you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence – you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity – you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 4+ years of experience supporting C-Suite executives.
- High attention to details with strong organization and critical thinking.
- Comfortable working autonomously in an ambiguous environment, coordinating multiple tasks under time sensitive deadlines, adaptive to changing priorities, resourceful, and a can-do attitude.
- Experience working with confidential information and a high level of discretion.
- Must be a self starter who works independently and has the ability to manage up.
- Highly intuitive and proactive in anticipating others’ needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, work well with various personality types and receptive to feedback.
- Able to work effectively in a remote working environment.
- Ability to travel when necessary to manage logistics at conferences, team meetings and Company events.
- Proficiency with Mac OS, Google Suite and Microsoft Office, and ability to learn new software / systems quickly.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
The compensation range below is specific to Boston, MA. Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Hourly Pay Range: $61 – $68 per hour, plus overtime eligibility.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.