Full-Time Executive Administrative Assistant
Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
Location: United States – Remote
Are you passionate about being part of a team that delivers extraordinary care to help individuals and businesses prepare for and protect their retirement? If so, then Nationwide Financial could be the place for you!
This Executive Assistant role will provide critical support to three AVP positions within Annuity Distribution. This individual must be proactive, collaborative, detail oriented and able to manage several competing priorities. The right candidate will deliver high quality work with exceptional care through their project management, problem-solving, and creativity skills. The successful candidate must be proficient in PowerPoint.
This role is open to hybrid work at the Columbus, Ohio or Scottsdale, Arizona office or fully remote work. The work schedule will fall within 8am – 5pm EST.
Compensation Grade: D3
Job Description Summary
Are you a problem solver and detailed oriented? If you can take initiative, use both your analytical and creative abilities to make sound decisions and have a desire to solve challenges, we want to hear from you!
As an Executive Administrative Assistant, you’ll perform a wide variety of confidential, detailed and complex administrative functions under direct supervision. You will coordinate meetings and make business and travel arrangement decisions for your leader(s) and their team. You’ll plan, organize and schedule your own work and may serve as an informal mentor to other administrative assistants in the office.
- Focuses on both daily and longer-range calendar for multiple leaders and teams. Manages leader’s personal calendar as directed.
- Coordinates travel plans for leader(s) and team and makes mid-trip changes quickly when required.
- Compiles information for reports and presentations.
- Screens communications for action items and due dates, bringing key items to the leader’s attention. Initiates necessary actions, e.g., follow-ups, prioritizations, action required, etc. Drafts responses for executive review, implementing their style into all communications. Rarely seeks guidance on email replies.
- Provides assistance with office procedures or processes that help the team be more productive and efficient.
- Monitors departmental expenses, processes expense reports in a timely manner and monitors expense reports submitted by executive and staff for accurate reporting.
- Manages budget for meeting planning. Conducts quality checks on invoices/accounts payable. Inputs travel expense and other expenses for payment; reviews and passes to office budget coordinator.
- Keeps current on Nationwide procedure changes, Human Resources policy changes, business environment, etc. that impact department level plans.
- May participate in special projects as assigned.
May perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Reporting Relationships: Typically reports to an Associate Vice President level executive or above, and may support multiple executives and their staff. This is an individual contributor role.
Typical Skills and Experiences:
Education: High school, vocational or technical business school studies in secretarial science; some undergraduate-level coursework beneficial.
License/Certification/Designation: Administrative professional certification(s) such as Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) or Certified World Class Assistant (CWCA) are a plus.
Experience: Typically, six or more years related administrative assistant experience. Nationwide experience is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Knowledge of company policies and organizational structure. Understanding of office practices and procedures. Ability to make decisions and recommend solutions to work processing and office management problems. Strong communication skills to interact with all levels of leaders, associates, and external contacts. Ability to proofread own work and work of others for content and format accuracy. Intermediate mathematical calculation skills. Ability to build effective business relationships.
Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager’s leader and Human Resources Business Partner.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates Nationwide Values.
Overtime Eligibility: Eligible (Non Exempt)
Working Conditions: Occasional travel. Non-standard, extended or overtime work as needed based on workflow needs.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
We have an array of benefits to fit your needs, including: medical/dental/vision, life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, paid time off with newly hired associates receiving a minimum of 18 days paid time off each full calendar year pro-rated quarterly based on hire date, nine paid holidays, 8 hours of Lifetime paid time off, 8 hours of Unity Day paid time off, 401(k) with company match, company-paid pension plan, business casual attire, and more.