Event Marketing Manager
Event Marketing Manager
Remote – United States of America
job requisition id
The elevator pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
Working for the VMware Global Events team and focused on growing our modern application business you will workclosely with our executive team and other leaders from cross-functional teams to develop our events strategy for executive decision-makers. In this role, you will ensure the delivery of engaging and high-impact events for our executive audiences. You will also act as a critical global counterpart that identifies opportunities to improve best practices and internal processes to maximize scalability and enhance our executive experiences across regions.
Success in the Role What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing.
You’ll spend your first few months at a fast clip as you:
- Collaborate with key executives, EAs, product marketing, demand generation and field marketing teams to deliver executive experiences
- Work with a variety of VMware stakeholders, ideate and implement creative, memorable experiences that support our broad portfolio of products
- Partner with appropriate VMware teams and stakeholders to drive compelling and effective marketing and audience acquisition assets to engage target customers develop and execute an effective communications strategy to keep all stakeholders and relevant parties in the know
- Project manage all programs ensuring full stakeholder engagement and flawless execution of all program deliverables and activations that take place at SpringOne, Explore and other Tanzu related events throughout the year
- Work collaboratively with the rest of our team (marquee events, 3rd party events, etc) to scale programs
- Supporting event production, thought leadership programming, and design of attendee experiences for our two annual conferences.
- Support virtual and in-person events locally and globally
What type of work will you be doing?
We want you to bring your personal experiences and skills and operate in a way that suits your own style as you get this job done, but you can expect a variety of the following types of activities:
- Timeline development and deliverables management (that come from a variety of stakeholders)
- Tracking and management of all contract commitments and inclusions
- Hosting or engaging in calls, meetings and written communications with stakeholders, agencies, participants and more throughout the program planning and execution
- Sourcing and securing hospitality event locations, and creating various events at these and host sponsor venues
- Develop and maintain shared repositories for all related assets
- Engage with various stakeholders to create and oversee the creation of all related assets and program plans/best practices
- Respond with effective and timely problem solving and crisis management skills, where needed.
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.