Full-Time Editorial Assistant
Title: Editorial Assistant
Location: United States (remote)
WHO ARE WE?
Launch Potato is a digital media company with a portfolio of brands and technologies. As The Discovery and Conversion Company, Launch Potato’s mission is to be the most innovative, tech-enabled media company connecting consumers to the world’s leading brands.
The company is headquartered in vibrant downtown Delray Beach, Florida, with a unique international team across over a dozen countries. Launch Potato’s success comes from a diverse, energetic culture and a high-performing, entrepreneurial team.
You’ll assist and support the FinanceBuzz and AllAboutCookies Editorial staff in the team’s mission to produce high-quality content that helps our readers make smart personal finance decisions that better their lives.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be a detail-oriented person who is able to work independently on a variety of responsibilities with both short-term and long-term deadlines. Tasks could range from optimizing hyperlinks in published content to collecting and inputting information into Google spreadsheets to assisting with compliance projects.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable working in a CMS and able to assemble and publish content. They should have strong writing skills in the event that content needs to be adjusted or updated. Also required: a love of learning and an eagerness to contribute to the team.
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Assisting with the daily process of publishing new content formatting posts, creating and/or adding images/charts/visuals/HTML tables, and getting to hit the publish button!
- Updating published content for accuracy, monetization, SEO, and reader experience
- Helping make sure disclosures and compliance requirements are applied to new and existing content
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of documentation for our team
- Helping with some fact checking and copyediting
- Working closely with the Editorial Team to improve your own knowledge and skills through their feedback
- Growing and fostering the FinanceBuzz brand as a top destination for personal finance information and education
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Experience working with the publication of online content in some capacity
- Successfully worked remotely in previous position(s)
- An ability to work and make decisions independently
- Relentless attention to detail, organization, and a strong ability to follow through on projects
- Experience working with Google Docs and Sheets
- Experience working within a CMS (WordPress, Drupal, etc.)
- Familiarity with Asana (or another project management system like Airtable or Trello)
- At least a basic familiarity with AP Style
- Basic knowledge of HTML and/or SEO would be a plus
Want to make your impact in a profitable, high-growth company? Apply now!
Since day one, we’ve been committed to having a diverse, inclusive team and culture. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.