Full-Time Editor in Chief
Editor in Chief (Project to Hire, Remote: US & Canada)
San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
OhmConnect was founded to help bring 100% clean energy to everyone. We are solving massive inefficiencies in energy markets, changing how people use and view energy, and connecting smart homes with the smart grid. We build products that connect deeply with consumers and invite them to take action to positively impact the planet, their communities, and their wallets.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer striving to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment where everyone feels that they have a voice that is heard.
We are looking for an experienced Editor-in-chief to develop our content strategy from the ground-up and position OhmConnect as the go-to source for home energy and electrification tips and recommendations. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the creation and publication of new content across our various channels, including our blog, social media, website, product and video platforms, as well as building a platform to monetize this content. We are looking for someone who has experience building a content business and understands the relationship between content creation, engagement, branding and monetization. You are familiar with content platforms, channel optimization, affiliate marketing and know how to build a team to scale a content strategy.
- Develop an outbound content strategy that aligns with OhmConnect’s overall business goals and brand positioning, including written and video content
- Affiliate partner program management
- Test and iterate to refine our core position and target audience of our content to generate leads, followers and engagement
- Build and manage a team (internal and external) of writers, editors, and video producers, providing guidance and feedback to ensure high-quality content is produced on a regular basis
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure that all content is aligned with our overall marketing and communication strategy
- Plan and execute video content campaigns and initiatives to drive engagement and revenue across platforms
- Stay up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices in video marketing and incorporate them into our content strategy
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify new content opportunities and partnerships
- Manage the content calendar and ensure that all content is published on time and meets our quality standards
- Use data and analytics to measure the effectiveness of our content and make data-driven decisions to optimize our content strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in content marketing, journalism, or a related field, with a focus on video content and platforms
- Experience managing and leading a team of writers, editors, and video producers
- Strong writing and editing skills, with an ability to create compelling content that engages and inspires audiences
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with an ability to work cross-functionally with various stakeholders
- Strong understanding of video marketing best practices and trends
- Led a strategy with written (blog) and video content platforms (YouTube, TikTok)
- Experience as a leader at a publishing company or media organization
- Passion for sustainability and environmental issues
- If you are passionate about sustainability, have a strong track record in video content marketing, and are excited about the opportunity to build a world-class content program, we would love to hear from you!
- A competitive salary based on experience. (base salary range: $150k to $215k)
- Fully remote work environment with home office set-up allowance.
- Real and lived work-life balance – Company perks include unlimited vacation (which our C-level team actively encourages everyone to take!), parental leave, and a corporate values of working sustainably and putting families first.
- Competitive benefits package that includes full suite of wellness benefits and stock options.
- Opportunity to work with amazing people who are passionate about halting climate change, thriving in a fully-remote work environment, and learning and growing every day.
Not eligible for visa sponsorship.