Editor and Proofreader
Editor and Proofreader
Remote Worker – N/A
WorldatWork Total Rewards Association is a global organization dedicated to serving, educating, and inspiring those who reward and engage the workforce. Our members include business professionals who are accountable for the critically important practices of compensation, well-being, benefits, development, and recognition programs within their companies around the world. Over 80% of the global 500 organizations are among the many customers we have served over the last 65 years.
Our Content team is looking for an Editor & Proofreader. In particular, an experienced editorial wordsmith to help us establish editorial guidelines, set a voice and tone to complement our emerging branding and content focus, as well as optimize content development processes as we create the material that both helps and delights our members. If you’re looking for an opportunity to work independently while enjoying regular collaboration and idea exchange with a larger teamincluding subject matter experts, project managers, faculty, writers, editors, instructional designers, researchers, graphic designers, product owners, experience designers, and customer experience specialiststhen this may be the opportunity for which you’ve been searching. We’re passionate about style, clarity, consistency, story, data, and content that makes a difference in the world of work. Are you? Then, we’d love to hear from you!
- An opportunity for an insightful, detail-oriented editorial craftsperson who is passionate about building, maintaining, and advocating for consistent style, message, and story across our content. With a focus on the workplace and Total Rewards, our material is published in many formats, mediums, and channels.
- A collaborative environment that provides an opportunity for you to grow your skillset and career across the different types of editing, proofreading, and content creation.
- A large and growing library of multimedia content to revise, curate from, and develop.
- Opportunity for growth in the editorial space.
- Flexibility to work from home with diverse schedules.
- A mission to create a wide variety of contentfrom courses and narrative reports to webinars and booksto meet the varied needs of our audiences.
- Editorial certificates and/or a bachelor’s degree.
- At least two-to-five years of professional editorial experience developing customer-facing deliverables, ideally in a rigorous publishing setting.
- Strrong understanding of how to develop, manage, and employ editorial style guides.
- Keen editorial instincts, a strong creative intellect, and a curiosity that lends itself to connecting the dots missed by others across all stages of content development.
- Working familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style and AP Stylebookand the differences between them.
- Writing skills that can fill in development gaps created through topic- and section-focused consulting or authoring performed by subject matter experts.
- Proofreading skills that can be quickly leveraged to sweep long- or short-form content.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Sensitivity to overall user experience in consuming content.
- Inclination toward preventing the types of mistakes that create roadblocks for the end user or reader.
- Dedication to building and adhering to schedules.
- Understanding of many different publishing formats, as well as managing cross-references and end-user experiences between formats.
- History of working with and managing a network of editorial freelancers.
- Effective communication skills with internal and external customers across all levels of the organization.
- Interest in human resources, total rewards, and workplace culture.
It’s Extra Awesome If You Have:
- Experience with the distinct needs demanded by translation.
- Network of freelancers who you trust and with whom you have editorial shorthand.
- Experience with customization of content.
At WorldatWork, we offer a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. The hiring range for this position is $55,000 – $65,000 plus eligibility for an annual discretionary bonus with a target at 5% of base salary. This position may be worked remotely. The benefits for this position include; ongoing professional development training opportunities, health, dental, vision, well-being, health savings, flexible spending, retirement, and annual discretionary bonus. For a further description of the benefits being offered, please go to https://worldatwork.org/careers